• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Neither of the dads were doing drugs when I started dating them.
I found out about the drugs and b.s. they were doing and left the scum for the children to be raised right. I am now with a man that loves both of them and no drugs or b.s. involved. I'm doing what is best for the kids.
Wow. Imagine that. Dads were good men until they were with you. You seem to have a bad effect on men. :rolleyes:

RR218

I only know that it was a single person accident and that some how when he was riding the four wheeler he was thrown off. When police and ems arrived it was declared an accident. He supposedly was drinking that day, but this information is hear say from his mother.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Until there is a court order changing the support amount, the same amount is still due. If he were to file to have a temporary reduction, our crystal ball doesn't tell us if the judge/referee/magistrate will allow for it. Accidents DO happen.

Just Blue

Let me correct myself, I didn't know about the drugs when I started dating them.
Then perhaps you should get to know a man better BEFORE having unprotected sex with them. Really. Your actions have consequences that harm innocents. Grow up and realize you do not need a guy to "complete" you. That you have yet ANOTHER guy in your children's life is appalling. How long did you know this one before making him the "new daddy"? A week? Month?

CSO286

Let me correct myself, I didn't know about the drugs when I started dating them.
Then, with all due respect, please start really getting to know a person before you decide to risk procreating with them.

Serioulsy, if you can't imagine parenting with a guy for the next 18+ years, don't sleep with them. Really. Not even if your on the pill. Not even if he double-bags it. Not even if he says he's sterile. Not even if you think you are. Really.

CSO286

Then perhaps you should get to know a man better BEFORE having unprotected sex with them. Really. Your actions have consequences that harm innocents. Grow up and realize you do not need a guy to "complete" you. That you have yet ANOTHER guy in your children's life is appalling. How long did you know this one before making him the "new daddy"? A week? Month?

I like you, Blue.

:eek::D;):)

*flowers*

RR218

The oldest dad I was with for a little under a year then got pregnant, and my youngest child I was with her dad for about a year. I have been with my boyfriend now for about 3 years and he has been nothing but the best towards me and my kids. You are right that i was immature, but I have grown up a lot taking care of my kids. I am here to find answers to questions in legal terms that is all.

mistoffolees

I think it's emtirely possible that dad could be successful at getting a downward modification due to his diability. He's not willfully in contempt. He can't work because of his diability.

Not saying it's a sure thing by any means, but judges have a lot of discretion.
It would also depend on his disability.

I worked for a company that had short term disability which paid 66% of the most recent wage. When you consider that you're not having to go to work, no lunches out, no transportation costs, and (in some cases) no taxes, the recipient wouldn't suffer much of a decline in spending power.

Also, check to see if the person is disabled per SS standards. Probably not, but if they are, the child may receive some benefit, as well.

2Mistakes

It's already been said, but let me reitterate that it's pretty nasty to sleep with someone whom you don't know well enough to know that they're a druggie.

I can spot a meth-head from a mile away. My wife and I can always immediately tell when her exhusband has relapsed. (I don't overstep and talk to him. Just from looking at him, it's obvious.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">