• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disney cruise vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi Everyone. This is probably going to seem like competely ridiculous but I always try to have my bases covered when it comes to my son and dealing with my ex. I would like to take my son on a Disney Cruise in December 2009. I found a good price and would like to book ASAP since the last one that I found a good price on sold out in the week that I waited to think it over! Anyway, obviously my court order says (I am CP, ex is NCP) that I need my ex's permission to take him out of state or country and I know that he will need to sign the papers for our son's passport too. I've already sent my ex an email to ask him if it would be okay to take him and let him know about the passport. My question is, is an email back to me telling me it's okay and agreeing that he will sign for the passport sufficient proof in case he decides to pull a power trip later and tell me our son can't go? He enjoys those kinds of petty things and I don't want to plan this huge trip and then get involved in some huge battle with him if he decides to try and play games. I really can't wait to book closer to the actual time we are going to take the trip because the earlier you book, the better the rates and this is the only way I will be able to swing it. Thanks in advance. Trust me, I'm not trying to be petty, I just want to have my bases covered so we have no problems in the future and my son and I can have a great vacation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi Everyone. This is probably going to seem like competely ridiculous but I always try to have my bases covered when it comes to my son and dealing with my ex. I would like to take my son on a Disney Cruise in December 2009. I found a good price and would like to book ASAP since the last one that I found a good price on sold out in the week that I waited to think it over! Anyway, obviously my court order says (I am CP, ex is NCP) that I need my ex's permission to take him out of state or country and I know that he will need to sign the papers for our son's passport too. I've already sent my ex an email to ask him if it would be okay to take him and let him know about the passport. My question is, is an email back to me telling me it's okay and agreeing that he will sign for the passport sufficient proof in case he decides to pull a power trip later and tell me our son can't go? He enjoys those kinds of petty things and I don't want to plan this huge trip and then get involved in some huge battle with him if he decides to try and play games. I really can't wait to book closer to the actual time we are going to take the trip because the earlier you book, the better the rates and this is the only way I will be able to swing it. Thanks in advance. Trust me, I'm not trying to be petty, I just want to have my bases covered so we have no problems in the future and my son and I can have a great vacation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I'd get him to sign for the passport first and sooner rather than later. His signing along with the email should be enough for court if he later tries to be a jerk.

JBMD

If he gives you permission then have him sign the paperwork IMMEDIATELY and send out for kiddo's passport. If he refuses to sign the paperwork immediately ... take it to court and have a judge order it immediately. .... if you work quickly you will have plenty of time to get the passport prior to the Dec 09 trip. DON"T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE!!! That's what will bite you in the #$%.

Thank you! He actually did just email me the okay. So, even though we aren't going on the trip until late 2009, we can get the passports now?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you! He actually did just email me the okay. So, even though we aren't going on the trip until late 2009, we can get the passports now?
You can get passports even if you aren't ever planning on leaving the country. You don't have to be planning a trip to get one.

Okay, I guess I should've just researched that. Never left the country before so I'm ignorant! Thank you for your info. I like to bounce everything off of you guys to make sure I'm doing eveything right!

TinkerBelleLuvr

When I needed notarized statement from dad to travel, I was specific on the document to include WHICH countries were to be visited along with the time frame.

You might want to tell dad that you will give him a copy of the itinerary and all the contact information.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I always make it a point to give my ex any all information on my son's whereabouts when we go on trips. I will start the process for the passports right away! I'm so excited!

Zigner

I agree that you should do it as soon as possible, but they don't take very long anymore, I think they've caught up! My non-rushed passport came to me in less than 3 weeks :)
That may be true, but the passport will be good for at least 5 years, so it really makes no sense to procrastinate. This is one of those things that can end up getting put off until (surprise!) there is little time left.

Zigner

Thank you all so much for your responses. I always make it a point to give my ex any all information on my son's whereabouts when we go on trips. I will start the process for the passports right away! I'm so excited!
Hope you have a blast!

Hope you have a blast!
Thanks! Me too because I'll probably never be able to afford it again! It's just my son (age 9 by then) and I that are going. We always have a blast together. We went to Disney World last year for Star Wars Weekends and I think I was more excited than he was! We got our picture taken with Darth Vadar!

Yeah, I know i'm a geek.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When I booked a trip abroad last summer for myself & #2, I had the ex fax & snail mail his notarized agreement to the trip straight to the travel agent. :p

profmum

Hi Everyone. This is probably going to seem like competely ridiculous but I always try to have my bases covered when it comes to my son and dealing with my ex. I would like to take my son on a Disney Cruise in December 2009. I found a good price and would like to book ASAP since the last one that I found a good price on sold out in the week that I waited to think it over! Anyway, obviously my court order says (I am CP, ex is NCP) that I need my ex's permission to take him out of state or country and I know that he will need to sign the papers for our son's passport too. I've already sent my ex an email to ask him if it would be okay to take him and let him know about the passport. My question is, is an email back to me telling me it's okay and agreeing that he will sign for the passport sufficient proof in case he decides to pull a power trip later and tell me our son can't go?

No it is not, he can change his mind.

He enjoys those kinds of petty things and I don't want to plan this huge trip and then get involved in some huge battle with him if he decides to try and play games. I really can't wait to book closer to the actual time we are going to take the trip because the earlier you book, the better the rates and this is the only way I will be able to swing it. Thanks in advance. Trust me, I'm not trying to be petty, I just want to have my bases covered so we have no problems in the future and my son and I can have a great vacation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If that is your ex's attitude, book your trip, get his consent formalized and get his signature for the passport issue. If you need to take this back to court, you have time, because it is going to be very limiting to ask his permission everytime you want to vacation out of state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">