• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disputing Procedure Code 99283, Hialeah Fl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrr71294

Hello All!

I was seeking some advice before proceeding to go any further. On 11/19/13 I was in a car accident with another vehicle. I was a little dazed but all in all i didint have a scratch on me. Now my first thought was not to go to the ER but i was advised by the officer and paramedics that I should go and check for a concussion, and thats what i did. When i arrived i explained what happened to the doctor and explained i did not have a scratch on me nor did i hit my head, and by that time all that was a little sore was my finger. The doctor literally looked at me and said ok, your fine, just go hoe and sleep and call your doctor in the morning. The doctor performed no tests, prescribe any medication, or even touch me.

Now, being 18 at the time I thought nothing of it, but now i am 21 and trying to get my medical bills in order. I contacted the collections agency the bill ended up with and asked them to send a copy of my bill.(i also payed $50 dollars in order to secure a discount on the bill. But on receiving my bill and doing some research I feel i am being over charged. It is a bill for the Physician(not even the hospital) and the only code i was charged was Code 99283. But that seems it was requires at least one test to be done. He literally did nothing but ask a few questions and send me home.

The bill amounted to 602.00. Is there anything I can do? Did paying $50 admit some sort of fault. This feels wrong :/

Thank you!

FlyingRon

I seen nothing in that code that mandates a test. All that is required is history, evaluation, and decision.

Frankly, conscussion evaluations are nothing to sneeze at. I worked in an ER and was a paramedic. I've had a kid out of the car and talking and acting normally with us. I dragged him along with his apparently more injured buddy to the hospital in our box. He wasn't in the ER very long until he passed out from the head trauma. Not a mark on him and he had no complaints up until he fell over.

Anyhow, your time to protest the diagnosis was long ago. Now you have little choice but to pay what you owe.

Mrr71294

Hmmmm

I see, thank you for your responses! I guess i have no choice then. If i must pay the bill than so be it, but I doesn't make me feel any less cheated. But i will try and see if my insurance will cover it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">