• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution not possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

vclem27 said:
My thought process is this...let her think I'm filing for a dissolution and seek an attorney and file for divorce. Question...after I speak with my attorney, will he file temporary custody/cs orders to remain until the divorce is final? I want to make sure I have temp. custody/cs prior to her finding out that I am seeking a divorce instead of the dissolution. Input is greatly appreciated.

And, asking for temp orders does not guarantee that you'll get them... particularly with child support.

Has she been paying any support at all for the past year that the child has lived with you?

Bali Hai

LdiJ said:
If you ask him to petition for temporary custody when he/she submits the petition for divorce, then he/she will do so. However, don't expect him/her to automatically to do it. Be sure to tell him/her you want that done.
And a good time to also nail her with alimony pendente lite.

vclem27

CJane said:
And, asking for temp orders does not guarantee that you'll get them... particularly with child support.

Has she been paying any support at all for the past year that the child has lived with you?
Her support has been quite sporadic. She claims to have no money (yet she makes around $70K/year and lives by herself in a $600/month apartment, drives a Huandyai (sp?). I pay for all expenses from daycare to extra curricular activities. She will only pay directly to the daycare, and even I have paid the majority of that (75%). I make about $30K/year.

Bali Hai

vclem27 said:
Her support has been quite sporadic. She claims to have no money (yet she makes around $70K/year and lives by herself in a $600/month apartment, drives a Huandyai (sp?). I pay for all expenses from daycare to extra curricular activities. She will only pay directly to the daycare, and even I have paid the majority of that (75%). I make about $30K/year.

Guideline child support during and after litigation and $1000/ month alimony pendente lite.

She settles on $500/ month alimony for every year for the duration of the marriage or it goes to the judge.

vclem27

Bali Hai said:
Guideline child support during and after litigation and $1000/ month alimony pendente lite.

She settles on $500/ month alimony for every year for the duration of the marriage or it goes to the judge.
Oh, how I wish you practiced law in central Ohio. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">