• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribition to a minor - help me please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimster007

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

This is very complicated so i will try to make it short and descriptive, i need help.

I am 18.
Yesterday, i was making brownies with ONLY 1 gram of marijuana, chronic.

I made 2 boxes of brownies, 1 WITH and the other box was mixed with some of the leftover residue brownie mix from the previous batch.

I gave 2 girls, both 16, 2 pieces of brownie since they asked (even forcfully took from me)

3 hours later i get a phone call from police saying they are in the hospital, they refused to tell mewhat happend, what condition the girls were in.

my friend and i paniced and assumed they got in a serious car accident. So i called the police again to meet up(i was getting a ride from a friend since i was smoking and didnt want to be under the influence)

My friend thought the girls were really hurt so he didnt want to get involved so he dropped me off at my car.

The cops called me again, asking me where i was, i said i could meet them anywhere, so i drove about 200 yards from my house to meet them since i didnt want my mom knowing cause she is very very ill and i could not afford to cause any m ore stress for her.

I met up with the cops, not knowing what had happen. First thing they said was "how are you, did you make the brownies?"

I said, yes.

at the time, i thought the normal brownies that had enough thc just to show up on the test. was the cause of the accident, but at this point i still didnt know what was going on.

i admitted that they got the brownies from me, cause i thought she was very very very hurt or even dead.

They said they would file a case with the DA for distribution to a minor or something.

The girls contacted me the next morning, saying that they were ok. (god what a relief, since i thought they were dead) they were just high. The girl was sick for a week before she had the brownie so she puked.

they said the cops were forcing them to tell them my name but they lied until one of them spit it out.

these girls want to help me now cause i didnt offer the brownies to them, they offered it to themselves and i didnt want to be rude and keep these NORMAL brownies away from them.

the cops didnt even tell me my rights and completely kept the truth away from me and made it sound horrible.

What i want to know is, how will they prosecute me? Since i told the cops that the brownies were from me do i get in trouble for distribution?

The cops also said t hat the mouth swab test, tested positive for thc/marijuana, and some crazy methodone **** idk.

I am going to go and talk to there parents and tell them the truth. About the 1 gram and residue. If they dont press charges, can the cops still get me since i admitted to them?

My spelling and grammer is horrible because I am still shaken up from last night, since they made it seem like i killed someone. Thanks for any advice and i will refresh this page to see any new comments. thanks guys

outonbail

Wait until charges are actually filed, then hire an attorney.
Until then, you need to stop talking about the case. Don't tell the girls parents what you've done and stop talking to the police. Although I'm afraid this advice comes a little too late, keep your mouth shut!

These are serious charges, so it doesn't matter how concerned you were for these girls after the fact. It doesn't matter how sorry you are or that the girls took the brownies from you by force.

If you want an attorney to do as much as possible for you if and when charges are filed, you have to stop telling everyone that you're guilty.

jimster007

outon

Thanks for replying. If you can kindly answer these few questions then i'll be a bit more calm.

Once again, thanks a lot.

What if the girl wanted to help me?

Can the cops/DA still get a case even though the victim/parents arent pressing charges?

The victim really really wants to help me because she KNOWS this is all bull****.

She will pretty much do almost anything doable for a 16 year old. To help me out.

seniorjudge

Q: What if the girl wanted to help me?

A: She should contact your lawyer.

Q: Can the cops/DA still get a case even though the victim/parents arent pressing charges?

A: Yes.

jimster007

Thank you

Thank you for the quick answers.

It helps me out A LOT.

This is the final question.

So i'm 18, and i really dont want my parents to know about this, until it becomes impossible to keep secret.

I live in there house for the summer and i was wondering how much an attorney would cost? approx?

Would this attorney have to attend my court dates? or am i just getting information and a guide from him?

Btw, I did admit to making the brownies and putting a gram in the brownies for the first batch for myself and friends. The second batch was made normally. I told the officer, "Its impossible for them to feel anything, because there shouldnt be anything in there at all i was just lying to them" i hope i didnt say TOO much. The truth was, they ate brownies that were competely normal cept i told them it had a tiny bit in it.

So this girl was sick and she has smoked b4.

If she told the police or judge that it couldnt of been the brownies, and it could of been her strep throat that made her puked, and the thc positive swabs were from smoking with friends. Would that help at all?

seniorjudge

Q: I live in there house for the summer and i was wondering how much an attorney would cost? approx?

A: Ask the lawyers you interview your questions.

Q: Would this attorney have to attend my court dates? or am i just getting information and a guide from him?

A: Yes and yes.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Get a lawyer and shut up. Or is your brain still in too much of a fog to understand this? :rolleyes:

jimster007

sorry

Get a lawyer and shut up. Or is your brain still in too much of a fog to understand this? :rolleyes:
Sorry i'm just worried that i am going to go off to jail and get no jobs in the future. Ive been up all night waiting for something to happen cause i really dont want to go to jail. Ive been looking around the net to see what the punishments are :( like an idea but i cant. Can someone at least give me an idea of what will happen if i am guilty?

seniorjudge

Sorry i'm just worried that i am going to go off to jail and get no jobs in the future. Ive been up all night waiting for something to happen cause i really dont want to go to jail. Ive been looking around the net to see what the punishments are :( like an idea but i cant. Can someone at least give me an idea of what will happen if i am guilty?
One thing I can tell you: Weed gives you weak wienie. Remember sex? Forget it.

jimster007

sigh*

You could spend a lot of time in the pen.
oh, i am curious, the cops didnt read me my rights at all. They just pretty much made me talk and since i refused to talk, one of them made me get in the cop car. Then he questioned me there.

Since i talked a little bit with out them reading my rights, can they still use it against me?

I'm just curious

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">