• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and Bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

seniorjudge said:
Actually, a "hold harmless" clause is not a debt so I don't see how it could be discharged in bankruptcy.
Its a potential debt, and potential debts can be included in a bankruptcy. I have seen many spouses included as creditors on the basis of a "hold harmless" clause.

sdo1

Off the subject but same issue

I'm in this for the long haul. My judgement will be good for 20 years, but is non-renewable in Illinois. If it takes this long, can I sue the person again and get a new judgement or am I out of luck?

seniorjudge

sdo1 said:
I'm in this for the long haul. My judgement will be good for 20 years, but is non-renewable in Illinois. If it takes this long, can I sue the person again and get a new judgement or am I out of luck?
No, you cannnot get a new judgment.

Google

illinois res judicata

to find the many reasons why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">