• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shelly butts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee
My mom and stepdad are divorcing, they are both living in the house until it sells. While my mom is working during the day, he is taking his, hers and their posessions and moving it out or selling it. What can she do? She can't stay home 24/7 like he does.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? tennessee
My mom and stepdad are divorcing, they are both living in the house until it sells. While my mom is working during the day, he is taking his, hers and their posessions and moving it out or selling it. What can she do? She can't stay home 24/7 like he does.
I suggest that this weekend that she get any of her personal possessions that are important to her, out of the house and into storage somewhere.

Then she may want to file contempt against him for dissipating marital assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">