• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorcing a Federal Inmate in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsmith17

Not new vehicles in TX - No Throne Here!!!

We own an old fixer upper 62 truck, runs but looks really ugly. We own a 96 model car that was paid for before he was arrested. We had just purchased a 2000 truck the year before he was arrested that I am still paying on. I had to let them repo a camper we had purchased 6 months before he was arrested. As I said before, the Federal Gov't has liens against all of these properties. I tried to sell the camper before I let them repo it but gov't said I had to go thru paperwork to get it released to sell, meanwhile payments were due each month that I could not make. We had bought a house 2 years before he was arrested and I didn't want to lose what we had put into it when we bought it. I have put off divorcing this man because I was hoping that things would get better. They have not so I am asking for advice, not insults. I did not ask for these problems, nor do I need to be made fun of for bad choices I have made. I am looking for professional legal advice to try and get back on my feet. Thank you for any help you can give me.

AHA

dsmith17 said:
We own an old fixer upper 62 truck, runs but looks really ugly. We own a 96 model car that was paid for before he was arrested. We had just purchased a 2000 truck the year before he was arrested that I am still paying on. I had to let them repo a camper we had purchased 6 months before he was arrested. As I said before, the Federal Gov't has liens against all of these properties. I tried to sell the camper before I let them repo it but gov't said I had to go thru paperwork to get it released to sell, meanwhile payments were due each month that I could not make. We had bought a house 2 years before he was arrested and I didn't want to lose what we had put into it when we bought it. I have put off divorcing this man because I was hoping that things would get better. They have not so I am asking for advice, not insults. I did not ask for these problems, nor do I need to be made fun of for bad choices I have made. I am looking for professional legal advice to try and get back on my feet. Thank you for any help you can give me.
You wash your laundry on the internet for the world to see, you need to realise that you will get all kinds of comments.
Nowhere in your first post did you said that house and cars are old and not worth anything, you said "purchasing a new home, have 3 cars which 1 is in the process of being bought", and since no one here is a mind reader surely you can see how your initial comments made your situation look???

dsmith17

Real Questions in Texas

I guess the real questions I have are:

1) How is a divorce done when the spouse is in a Federal prison?

2) How are the Federal Government liens handled in a situation like this? I have been paying for our properties for the last 3 years alone - should I be scared about losing what I have worked to pay for when there are liens against my home & vehicle that I drive daily . . . when they were caused by my husband?

Thank you for your suggestions. I have not talked to a lawyer yet because I do not have excess money after meeting the bills each month. I am hoping to get my income tax return refund soon and will be retaining an attorney at that time. I was just looking for some idea of what to expect. Thanks for your time. God Bless!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">