• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV won't give me ID because I don't have gov. photo ID. I was on the news for this.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rabblewabble

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Here's the news story: http://origin.9news.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=87314
It explains much of my circumstances.

By the way, I am a natural-born CO native and US citizen. I have no criminal or driving record. I showed them a valid SS card and valid state birth certificate.

It's been a week and I have not received a call back from the DMV. I have to wait for them to call me to make an appt to see an investigator so he can look through all the documentation I can produce so he can decide whether or not I have the right to identification. I've spent about 8 hours calling various people at the DMV and no one will tell me anything at all. The story was on the 6 pm news on the most-viewed station in the state without any response.

They have not called me for an appt. No one at the DMV will tell me how long it takes. I have tried without success to talk to anyone actually involved in this "exception process." It's easy to say just wait, but when you're being denied your IDENTITY and treated like a criminal when you've done nothing wrong and your entire future is in jeopardy because of it, it's a little hard to wait especially when no one will tell you how long you have to wait.

What do I do now? My future is in serious jeopardy. I can't learn how to drive, vote, travel, get a job, get public benefits, or even buy myself cold medicine. I've been accepted to college but that may be compromised. How am I supposed to ever be a functioning adult without any identification?

Will writing my congressman help?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">