• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to get rid of my ex's naked pictures?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

That is an EXCELLENT link - though I'm not expecting the OP to appreciate the actual content.

The whole "I'll show your Dad" thing is just beyond creepy. In fact I think that's about the creepiest thing I've read on these forums for a long, long time. The fact that the question was asked at all is just... gah, I'm getting goosebumps.
Think how romantic he's being. She'll be sure to fall into his slime covered tentacles when he threatens her with that. CREEEEEEPER!

Just Blue

I know, but would I be breaking the law if I showed them to other people? She could call the cops, sure, but is it illegal?

Can you quote a statute? For example, if I posted them online, or what if I just showed my neighbor?

I am not going to do that, but I'm just wondering what law would I be breaking?
You can not extort her into listening to you for 20 min. THAT IS against the law. If you want the statute ...look it up yourself. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OP is too pathetic to be creepy.

Dude - if you want to apologize? Do it in a letter. And don't send nude photos of yourself to her. Unless you want her to laugh.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
OP is too pathetic to be creepy.

Dude - if you want to apologize? Do it in a letter. And don't send nude photos of yourself to her. Unless you want her to laugh.
A letter is a bad idea in this case. If he absolutely MUST apologize, and is not hoping to "win her back", then a simple post card with a picture of a mountain meadow, or the beach at sunset, along with two words on the back ("I'm sorry") is more than enough.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
A letter is a bad idea in this case. If he absolutely MUST apologize, and is not hoping to "win her back", then a simple post card with a picture of a mountain meadow, or the beach at sunset, along with two words on the back ("I'm sorry") is more than enough.
Too much. If he feels he MUST apologize, then a letter in a bottle thrown in the sea or attached to a balloon is the way to go. Ex doesn't want to have any more contact with OP. Can't say that I blame her, either (of course, not commenting on the 'wisdom' she may/may not possess). :cool:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
What if I told her I would show her dad if she didn't give me 20 minutes to try to apologize on the phone?
My husband is a retired police officer. One of the things that irritated him the most were the whiny exes who kept insisting "But I just want to talk to her!" and could not accept that she had the right to deny him that. You wouldn't believe how easy it always was for the annoyee to get a restraining order and how often the annoyer ended up getting cuffed and carted off to jail. Once you do have a RO against you, you'd be surprised how easy it is to violate that order even if you don't mean to. You're about to do something that can cause you a lot of trouble, and what's the payoff? The opportunity to look like a desperate reject to her for 20 minutes? Not worth it.

What you're proposing is foolish and petulant. It's something a child would do after stomping his feet and yelling "You'll be sorry!". Even if you never experience any legal trouble from it, it will be something you will look back on with embarrassment when you become a mature adult.

Here's the best advice you'll get all day: Always wear a condom, open a mutual fund NOW, get a flu shot every year, and acting like a grown man with class, dignity, and self-respect is never the wrong thing to do. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">