• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to include this in my job applications?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtjumper

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Earlier this year, in February, I was hired by cleaning company to work as a janitor. I went to get training for three hours. Later, I called in to learn when my next training date was and I was told I no longer worked for the company. I asked why and was told that I was a little slow and that the company didn't want to spend an extra (added to the two previously planned training days) day training me and was instead going to use a current employee to do the job. Am I required to include this job in job applications?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
Earlier this year, in February, I was hired by cleaning company to work as a janitor. I went to get training for three hours. Later, I called in to learn when my next training date was and I was told I no longer worked for the company. I asked why and was told that I was a little slow and that the company didn't want to spend an extra (added to the two previously planned training days) day training me and was instead going to use a current employee to do the job. Am I required to include this job in job applications?
No, of course you are not required to do so.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, even I wouldn't expect you to include this job and I'm usually the one who insists you should include everything. You should be fine leaving this out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">