• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I still have mt grandparents rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SESmama

It may also be that since YOU are supervising that it is expected that YOU will be seeing the child during dad's time. In which case YOU would not need your own time.

LdiJ

My son still have the same visitation schedule, but it is supervised through me. He did not get his visitation taken away in any form. He still have every other weekend, 5 weeks in the summer and holidays.
Then why are you here talking to us instead of whopping your son up the side of his head to get his act together and exercise his parenting time? If you are the supervisor then you would still get to see your grandchild.

However, I kind of suspect that your son hasn't given up the pot, and that is why he won't try to get the supervision removed.

lovemyfamily

Yes, my conclusion was that they did not feel it was necessary to put the visitation back in because I would be seeing him and it was only supposed to be temporary, but now I'm in a situation where I can't afford an attorney and no where to turn. I still have his birthday and Christmas gifts for him. I would send them to him, but he would not get them. I would often send things home with him and they would throw them away. I'm glad it was nothing that costs very much.

And as far as my son, it would do me no good. I have tried to talk to him about it and he just starts a major argument. He says it is none of my business. Which I know really it is not. I'm not trying to interfere with their parenting, I already raised my boys and all I want is to have the same relationship with him that I had with my grandparents. Even though they are gone what they taught me and the unconditional love they gave me made me who I am. This will carry me throughout my whole life. I'm not saying my parents were bad because they were not, but they was busy trying to make it in this world.

I raised him for his first year because they would not. They were still in high school. Then they broke up. We never missed a visitation until this past year. All visitation has been at my home and he is always so excited to see everyone. I live out of town on 10 acres and he gets to run and be a boy here.

He cries when he has to go home. He even asks me why his mom won't let him stay with us more. I told him that was the rules and everyone must follow them.

He just turned 7 and I sent him a birthday card, but have a feeling he did not get it. Children are so fragile and I don't want him to think we don't love him anymore. I would try to call again, but she just denies my calls. He called me one time a while back and he got into trouble and he told me his mom deleted my number so he could not do it again.

Most of my sadness is for him, not myself. The image in my mind of him setting there with his bag makes me cry.

Yes, my conclusion was that they did not feel it was necessary to put the visitation back in because I would be seeing him and it was only supposed to be temporary, but now I'm in a situation where I can't afford an attorney and no where to turn. I still have his birthday and Christmas gifts for him. I would send them to him, but he would not get them. I would often send things home with him and they would throw them away. I'm glad it was nothing that costs very much.

And as far as my son, it would do me no good. I have tried to talk to him about it and he just starts a major argument. He says it is none of my business. Which I know really it is not. I'm not trying to interfere with their parenting, I already raised my boys and all I want is to have the same relationship with him that I had with my grandparents. Even though they are gone what they taught me and the unconditional love they gave me made me who I am. This will carry me throughout my whole life. I'm not saying my parents were bad because they were not, but they was busy trying to make it in this world.

I raised him for his first year because they would not. They were still in high school. Then they broke up. We never missed a visitation until this past year. All visitation has been at my home and he is always so excited to see everyone. I live out of town on 10 acres and he gets to run and be a boy here.

He cries when he has to go home. He even asks me why his mom won't let him stay with us more. I told him that was the rules and everyone must follow them.

He just turned 7 and I sent him a birthday card, but have a feeling he did not get it. Children are so fragile and I don't want him to think we don't love him anymore. I would try to call again, but she just denies my calls. He called me one time a while back and he got into trouble and he told me his mom deleted my number so he could not do it again.

Most of my sadness is for him, not myself. The image in my mind of him setting there with his bag makes me cry.
Honestly I think your best bet is to call or write mom. Tell her you miss the child, and that you would like her to let you see him on her terms. Tell her that you will do whatever in order to just spend time with him, even if that meant seeing him at her home. Be nice, be cordial, you may get more through mom than trying to go against her. Just my 2 cents.

lovemyfamily

Well, that sounds great except she will not answer my phone calls and is not going to let me in her home. She prides herself on being a mean person and has laughed to me about it before my son and her broke up. I'm not trying to go against her. She is the one who wrote them up into the parenting plan to begin with and now since she got married has decided I'm not good enough. I'm dealing with immaturity and hatred. She is a police officer and tries to use it against us. He husband is also a police officer and worked for the county I live in. We were pulled over every time we pulled out of our driveway until I told the officer that I knew why this was happening and I was going to file charges. It stopped completely and he transferred to another county. If my grandson gets a bruise she calls the police and tries to claim we hit him. I also happened to have a friend who was a deputy sheriff and told me himself that her husband was out to get us so he help her take my grandson away.

My son and I went to pick him up one time about a year and a half ago and she called the police on my son because she disagreed that on what weeks my son would have him for the summer. She flat out lied to a fellow police officer and said she had full custody of my grandson. He asked to see her court order and she said she lost it.

I am nice to her when I have to speak to her, but she is a very ugly and vile person. The funny thing is that you don't go to that much trouble to hurt a person unless you still love them and she can not let my son go. She has to continue this drama.

I'm a good person and would never hurt anyone. I have never been arrested or even close, but I do not have enough money to be considered a good person in her eyes. It all about what you have and I guess she considers her son to be slumming when he is here, but she lived in my home for a year.

I lost my husband in a car accident almost exactly one year before my grandson was born and am so glad that he is not here to be a part of this.

Proserpina

Well, that sounds great except she will not answer my phone calls and is not going to let me in her home. She prides herself on being a mean person and has laughed to me about it before my son and her broke up. I'm not trying to go against her. She is the one who wrote them up into the parenting plan to begin with and now since she got married has decided I'm not good enough. I'm dealing with immaturity and hatred. She is a police officer and tries to use it against us. He husband is also a police officer and worked for the county I live in. We were pulled over every time we pulled out of our driveway until I told the officer that I knew why this was happening and I was going to file charges. It stopped completely and he transferred to another county. If my grandson gets a bruise she calls the police and tries to claim we hit him. I also happened to have a friend who was a deputy sheriff and told me himself that her husband was out to get us so he help her take my grandson away.

My son and I went to pick him up one time about a year and a half ago and she called the police on my son because she disagreed that on what weeks my son would have him for the summer. She flat out lied to a fellow police officer and said she had full custody of my grandson. He asked to see her court order and she said she lost it.

I am nice to her when I have to speak to her, but she is a very ugly and vile person. The funny thing is that you don't go to that much trouble to hurt a person unless you still love them and she can not let my son go. She has to continue this drama.

I'm a good person and would never hurt anyone. I have never been arrested or even close, but I do not have enough money to be considered a good person in her eyes. It all about what you have and I guess she considers her son to be slumming when he is here, but she lived in my home for a year.

I lost my husband in a car accident almost exactly one year before my grandson was born and am so glad that he is not here to be a part of this.

None of which changes the legal reality.

Incidentally, it's really not wise to spend so much time painting a nasty picture of Mom when your own son can't be bothered to get off his backside and see HIS child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">