• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do we need to involve bio-dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paulie0130

QUOTE [Your gf is NOT serving the best interests of her child. If she was collecting support then she could better help her child.]

As has been explained many times to me, my opinion about what is right and wrong for this child is LEGALLY meaningless. Also, your opinion is LEGALLY meaningless. If your statement is personal opinion, that is fine, but your personal opinion is even more meaningless.

QUOTE [Threatening to punch a woman's lights out isn't very christian of you is it?]

#1 -I'm not sure why you think I need to explain myself to you.
#2 - I didn't know the writer was a woman. In that case, my girlfriend would deal with it herself.
#3 -Being massively insulting isn't very moral either. So why am I getting questioned from you and you aren't questioning the behavior of the ones who have continually belittled me and my girlfriend???? Don't you expect moral conduct from everyone???

Rushia

paulie0130 said:
As has been explained many times to me, my opinion about what is right and wrong for this child is LEGALLY meaningless. Also, your opinion is LEGALLY meaningless. If your statement is personal opinion, that is fine, but your personal opinion is even more meaningless.
In the best interests of the child (which means legally, esp for the question you are asking) she should have established paternity, a support order and a visitation order. All of which will protect the rights of the child, mother and father. Personally, I think that she should have done it and then you wouldn't be here now would you? I happen to agree with the other posters.

paulie0130 said:
#1 -I'm not sure why you think I need to explain myself to you.
Because right now there is a poor child involved. I am the mother of a 3 and 5 year old myself and this type of behavior (that is ALL parties involved here) disgusts me.

paulie0130 said:
#2 - I didn't know the writer was a woman. In that case, my girlfriend would deal with it herself.
And that wouldn't be very christian of her either now would it?

paulie0130 said:
#3 -Being massively insulting isn't very moral either. So why am I getting questioned from you and you aren't questioning the behavior of the ones who have continually belittled me and my girlfriend???? Don't you expect moral conduct from everyone???
No, I only worry about MY moral conduct. The only reason I commented on yours was because you were the one flaunting your christianity to everyone. It matters not how people judge you. In the end who do you have to answer to? Is it any of us? No, I thought not. To flaunt your christianity and then threaten to punch out a woman's lights is NOT going to get you (or your gf) very far now is it? Better start praying for forgiveness, should you?

rmet4nzkx

paulie0130 said:
Pleas discontinue making comments about her intellect and maturity. You are ignorant about her. Would you have made those comments to my face? Then why are you writing them? (And if you said YES, you do realize that I would have punched your lights out?)... Just stop with the personal attacks.
:eek: Sounds like you need to get down on your knees and have the deacons lay lands on you son and get yourself prayed through again!

As for threatening to punch my lights out, apparently your true colors are finally showing through.

You and your girlfriend can keep your dukes to yourselves.

BTW, although I am female, I was raised on a farm and learned how to take care of myself before I went to kindergarten. I could put you away with my bad arm tied behind my back, now go away kid, you bother me.

puppy0224

I just think that belizebreeze is a jerk. Stop harrassing him, he is trying to do the right thing here.

My advice is to wait until the child is five, usually if the father does not come forward and claim his rights to the child after this amount of time, it is considered abandonment and he will have no right to say whether or not he wants you to adopt the child.

Rushia

puppy0224 said:
I just think that belizebreeze is a jerk. Stop harrassing him, he is trying to do the right thing here.

My advice is to wait until the child is five, usually if the father does not come forward and claim his rights to the child after this amount of time, it is considered abandonment and he will have no right to say whether or not he wants you to adopt the child.
Umm, no sweetie. Not true. Right now the child has NO LEGAL FATHER. You simply cannot terminate the rights of someone who doesn't have any. Which is what BB has been telling OP all along. If they simply wait and try, then the adoption could be overturned due to fraud, which he was also told. Paternity has to be established, then they have to get married, meet the states requirements for time and then file for the TPR and adoption.

puppy0224

don't call me sweetie

Please.

I am in a similar situation and I got LEGAL ADVICE, and this is what they told me, that f my child's father did not step up and claim his child by establishing paternity and putting his name on the BC, then he would have no rights to her as they would consider it abandonment if he tried to come forth and claim the child after that.

But most deadbeats care about themselves and not the child!

snostar

puppy0224 said:
Please.

I am in a similar situation and I got LEGAL ADVICE, and this is what they told me, that f my child's father did not step up and claim his child by establishing paternity and putting his name on the BC, then he would have no rights to her as they would consider it abandonment if he tried to come forth and claim the child after that.[/b[

Hope you didn't pay for that advice. :rolleyes:

Rushia

puppy0224 said:
Please.

I am in a similar situation and I got LEGAL ADVICE, and this is what they told me, that f my child's father did not step up and claim his child by establishing paternity and putting his name on the BC, then he would have no rights to her as they would consider it abandonment if he tried to come forth and claim the child after that.

But most deadbeats care about themselves and not the child!
I only use the word sweetie (or hon or any other endearment) to make it less "harsh". I didn't want you to think that I was slamming you. BB is a lawyer to my knowledge and as such he would have the most correct advice. I would have to agree with snostar that "I hope you didn't pay for that advice." Far as I know "dad" can come back at any time and establish paternity.

puppy0224

this makes no sense to me because if i were to deny my child, and she was adopted, would i be able to come back into the picture whenever i want and have rights to her? it makes no sense. and no i did not pay for it :rolleyes:
thanx

snostar

puppy0224 said:
this makes no sense to me because if i were to deny my child, and she was adopted, would i be able to come back into the picture whenever i want and have rights to her? it makes no sense. and no i did not pay for it :rolleyes:
thanx
Start your own thread.

Rushia

puppy0224 said:
thanx
There would be no TPR cause there is no legal father's rights to terminate. If somehow you were able to get around it, then yes it could be overturned because that's fraud. He could come back in five years, establish paternity, then get visitation. It would be a phase in method. Supervised few hours right up to a regular schedule.

Rushia

snostar said:
Start your own thread.
That's a good idea and I apologize to the OP for hijacking. To Puppy, make sure that you include your state when you start your thread.

Rushia

puppy0224 said:
i don't need to start my own thread. thanks for the advise though :)
i like it here just fine. :p
lol :eek:
No, it just means that we can address these questions without hijacking this thread. LOL, we're not trying to kick you out of the forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">