• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Document upon leaving spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bloopy

What is the name of your state? VA

I know a woman who left her husband today. She made him sign a document she created stating that she left their home to allow him one week to gather his things and move out. The document states specifically that she has not abandoned the home and that she has taken the children with her during the week. There is an agreement that she and the children will reside in the home during the divorce proceedings and he will continue to pay the mortgage.

How wise was this?

Just Blue

I know a woman who left her husband today. She made him sign a document she created stating that she left their home to allow him one week to gather his things and move out. The document states specifically that she has not abandoned the home and that she has taken the children with her during the week. There is an agreement that she and the children will reside in the home during the divorce proceedings and he will continue to pay the mortgage.

How wise was this?
I really don't think it means a thing...A judge didn't sign it so I don't think it is legally binding..But Does this guy WANT to leave the home?

ceara19

How wise was this?
As Bay explained, the "document" she had him sign isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If the husband has a bit of sense, he'll be waiting at the court house when they open Monday morning to file for a divorce, temporary custody of the kids and the right to reside in the marital residence during the proceedings.

nextwife

Exactly. Just because SHE wants the kids and SHE wants the house, doesn't mean he has to roll over and play dead (and be homeless) and hand the house and the kids that are half his over to her. He has the same rights as she to both until and unless a judge says otherwise,.

Bloopy

Yeah. That’s what I was worried about. He wanted her to leave as he is unhappy and has a new relationship. Her response was to not leave and have him sign this “document.”

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">