• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does a POA require 2 witnesses and a notary or attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RL Clark II

Iowa, Can an only heir ask to see POA papers that were drawn up by an attorney after that person has passed away? The person who was possibly given POA was a caretaker who did not inform me of my dad's "accidental" fall until 21/2 weeks after hospitalization, not until clergy said to call family right before he died. He then printed obituary naming himself as a nephew, taking his car to his house, blocking in his house so no one could get in, moved things out of his house, & then somehow produced a will to probate naming him as executor & giving everything to him, so now he is fiduciary. He made all funeral arrangements, paid for with a death/burial insurance policy he found.
I know my dad had retirement, pensions, owned a trailer park and had several other assets. I can't even get his hospital records because he is now executor. I believe the will to be a total fake since parts are typed, parts handwritten over crossed off typed print and I know for a fact that one of the witnesses was a friend of the executor.
how would I be able to find out about any pensions, retirement or insurance policies he had, or his hospital records? I can not afford an attorney & I have filed a contest to the court.
Also, do I need to serve him & his attorney with contest papers also?
Is there any way to get a probate judge to look at the will closer because the last 2 pages are on different paper, & several other issues, right now I can't even get anything to prove it's not his signature & the fiduciary is allowing his properties to possibly get condemned. It also happens to be that he had a carlot on my dads property and that is the address he is giving as his home residence to the courts. I need help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">