• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Res Adjudicata Apply in Sex Offender Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull!

My family member drove a long haul truck route AFTER his conviction (and serving 4 yrs in the state DOC system). He was only required to register in the state of his permanent residence. He never once had to register in a state that he drove through, or even stayed overnight in, or even when he got stranded in a state for a week due to a massive snowstorm shutting down the interstate.
I wouldn't expect a non sex offender to be concerned about following the laws or being informed about them but as a sex offender I assure you that in some states you do have to register even though you are not living there.

Consider your family member lucky(depending on the statute of limitations) that they never pulled him over or bothered to check the laws.

You just won't take no for an answer. Perhaps that is why you in your predicament?

Regardless, If you feel you can't leave Massachusetts, I certainly am not going to attempt to convince you otherwise. When every poster, including a police officer and several people with direct personal experience with the criminal justice system, are telling you that you are wrong, perhaps you should stop arguing and start listening. You own decision making isn't exactly the best. I am one of the people who thinks the registration requirement is too much is many cases. But you make supporting you very difficult.

DC
I could care less of your personal opinoin of me, and it "should be" irrelevant. The sad truth is that the SOR law is to satisfy the holy, do-gooding, law abiding peoples belief that the deviants be punished, and provides a false sense of security for the same type of people. Politicians love it because it keeps them in office, cops love it because they get paid more for dealing with them, DA's love it because they know the sex offenders don't. Its just wrong on so many levels.

This is all at the cost of ruining tens of thousands of peoples lives, people that are supposedly dangerous, but somehow mysteriously avioded civil commitment? If we are dangerous then keep us locked up!

You just won't take no for an answer. Perhaps that is why you in your predicament?

Regardless, If you feel you can't leave Massachusetts, I certainly am not going to attempt to convince you otherwise. When every poster, including a police officer and several people with direct personal experience with the criminal justice system, are telling you that you are wrong, perhaps you should stop arguing and start listening. You own decision making isn't exactly the best. I am one of the people who thinks the registration requirement is too much is many cases. But you make supporting you very difficult.

DC
I have to fight for the most basic of life's necessities, my basic human rights have been stripped by the US supreme court, damn right I won't take no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

I have to fight for the most basic of life's necessities, my basic human rights have been stripped by the US supreme court, damn right I won't take no.

Given that it's not your decision - even a little bit - your post is a tad meaningless, non? You'll be taking "no" as an answer for a long, long time my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">