• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog barking issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heyitsme

Since the other thread was locked for no good reason, I will reply in here.

I really feel that you are the person who is making the trouble on yourself. The apartment complex said that only YOU were the one complaining and you should, if it bother you that much, should get a list from other renters. Which you refuse to do. In other words, it must not bother you that much, it easier to complain than do the work.
Also you stated that the men came over to explain about his dog,you stated, "He was like "we are trying to train the dog, I'm sorry" etc. etc.'"
He was just trying to work it out with you and you simply refused to listen! I relize that you said you were a single female, blah blah..but that is not an excuse to be unreasonable.
And than complain about being highlighted as the culprit who made the complaint to the apartment complex. Now, you turn around and going to make an official complaint with the police? How highlighted is that? You yourself stated: ' People are flat out crazy. If this guy does end up getting evicted for his dog, he knows my name and where I live. Who knows what he could be capable of". :rolleyes:
Yes, the complex DID say I was the only one complaining. Does that mean it was true? Nope. I talked to at least 2 other tenants who have also complained and were also told "there is nothing we can do."

When the guy came over to my apartment, he was not trying to work anything out. He was trying to give me excuses. I listened to him until he started making excuses saying he doesn't know how long it's going to take and that they are trying, etc. etc. I told him that's great, but in the meantime I DONT have the time (which has now been almost 4 months) for him to try and train his dog. I said that the problem just simply needs to stop. Whether that include having the dog trained magically in the next day, getting a dog sitter, a dog, walker etc. I was absolutely NOT unreasonable. It's not reasonable to sit there and ask my peace and quiet and my sleeping hours to be interrupted while this guy tries to train his dog, because who the hell knows how long that is going to take. And as I've stated, it's already been almost 4 months, so obviously the dog has not been trained.

lol...I love the people acting like IM the one in the wrong here. This has been going on for MONTHS. I haven't been the only one to complain (although my apartment company likes to tell me that in order to avoid them having to actually remedy the problem). And I especially love the person telling me I should have opened the door and talked to him face to face. That is beyond ridiculous. I would NEVER, NEVER, especially as a young female, open the door for someone I don't know. NEVER. That is careless and just plain stupid. I can talk to him just the same from behind my door.

And just an FYI for everyone telling me I was in the wrong - when the police showed up a few hours ago, the landlord was also here and stated how the eviction process has already been started on the tenant :D

Ok, you can lock it now :)

Searchertwin

Since the other thread was locked for no good reason, I will reply in here.

Yes, the complex DID say I was the only one complaining. Does that mean it was true? Nope. I talked to at least 2 other tenants who have also complained and were also told "there is nothing we can do."

When the guy came over to my apartment, he was not trying to work anything out. He was trying to give me excuses. I listened to him until he started making excuses saying he doesn't know how long it's going to take and that they are trying, etc. etc. I told him that's great, but in the meantime I DONT have the time (which has now been almost 4 months) for him to try and train his dog. I said that the problem just simply needs to stop. Whether that include having the dog trained magically in the next day, getting a dog sitter, a dog, walker etc. I was absolutely NOT unreasonable. It's not reasonable to sit there and ask my peace and quiet and my sleeping hours to be interrupted while this guy tries to train his dog, because who the hell knows how long that is going to take. And as I've stated, it's already been almost 4 months, so obviously the dog has not been trained.

lol...I love the people acting like IM the one in the wrong here. This has been going on for MONTHS. I haven't been the only one to complain (although my apartment company likes to tell me that in order to avoid them having to actually remedy the problem). And I especially love the person telling me I should have opened the door and talked to him face to face. That is beyond ridiculous. I would NEVER, NEVER, especially as a young female, open the door for someone I don't know. NEVER. That is careless and just plain stupid. I can talk to him just the same from behind my door.

And just an FYI for everyone telling me I was in the wrong - when the police showed up a few hours ago, the landlord was also here and stated how the eviction process has already been started on the tenant :D

Ok, you can lock it now :)
What does having being a "young female' have to do with anything? A door will not stop anyone if they intend to get in. So close the door on that one.
For what reason did the LL give for an eviction? A dog barking from one renter in a whole complex of renters? I don't think so. Probably giving you the eviction notice, that I believe.:D

Baranov

yup! I don't think Daddy's little girl will be around much longer. New tenants that complain too much usually don't last very long.

Before you go to bed tonight think about how angry this guy is going to be. Ha Ha. just kidding it's not like he's an "evil" dog owner prone to violence right?

Alex23

I don't understand why the above posters are so angry, but I think you did the right thing. What the owner needs is one of those collars that shock the dog when it barks. That would solve the problem.

Baranov

It's not anger. People don't like it when other pull the race card or the " I'm just a girl" card.

But at least now I know why my tenants don't open the door even when I know they are home. It's like, Pay the rent and I won't come a knocking. But, have the courtesy to open the door! I know you're in there!

VeronicaLodge

im confused as to why you are so concerned about the landlord breaching confidentiality (which he/she didn't) since in your first original post you said before you even went to the landlord you tried to go to the owner of the barking dog and talk to him but he wasn't there... so you went to his apartment and knocked on his door (i assume you weren't wearing a disguise).... what if he had been there and opened the door? what then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">