• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog stolen by neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pugowner

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

While my husband and I were away during the holidays, my in-laws watched our dog (pug). THey have had previous problems with a crazy neighbor and have a restraining order against him. The neighbor has many "no tresspassing" signs erected around his propery as well. While my father-in-law was walking our dog on Christmas Day, the neighbor opened a gate he erected on the fence between their yards, lured the dog over, and took him- proceeding to carry the dog into his house. My father-in-law called the police and the neighbor called animal control- claimining he had been bitten by our dog (not possible, he is a friendly, 15 pound pug who has never bitten anyone). A bite would more likely come from the neighbor's own bengal tiger or german shephard.... The dog was taken to the pound where my in-laws were able to retrieve him- however he had to be "quarantined" at their house for 10 days due to the suspicsion of the neighbor being bitten. Do we have any legal recourse? stolen property? pain and suffering- he did this on Christmas day and greatly upset my in-laws as they weren't sure what he would do with the dog (the neighbor is definitely not sane)...any help would be appreciated! thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">