• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doing a Consent Order Myself without an attorney. NEED HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosebud07

My State is NC

I had a consent order drawn up by my attorney, but my ex-wife would not agree to one part of the consent order and had wanted it changed. It stated that the Plantiff (which is her) has agreed to dismiss any pending actions). In this consent I am giving her sole custody of the children, which I had temp. permanent custody. She says she wants it changed to the plaintiff and the defendant have agreed to dismiss any pending actions.

I live in PA, but the court is NC. My question is can I do this myself by typing up the original consent and changing that sentence? (WITHOUT ATTORNEY) Do I need to get it notarized since I don't have an attorney? If I do have to get it notarized, does it have to be done in NC, or is PA ok? Thank You

rmet4nzkx

Please put this on your existing thread and explain what this order is for? It is best to have changes reviewed by your attorney and explained to you. Otherwise you may agree to something you didn't intend. Sometimes the words Plaintiff and defendent are confused depending on who filed what action when. If there is confusion, it might be best to include the word, mother or father after the words plantiff or defendent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">