• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doing Drugs while on Parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MYFlorida

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have an acquaintance who is on parole after completing a sentence for credit card theft while under the influence of Xanax. Of course, one of the conditions of his parole is to submit to periodic urine tests for drugs. He, however, uses a product that flushes his system (disguising the presence of the drugs) for several hours, during which he tests clean. He continues to smoke marijuana and pop pills, but doesn't get caught due to this product.

My questions:
If I were to report him, who would I call?

Would I be able to suggest a hair or blood test instead of urine, due to the fact that he is able to disguise the presence of drugs in his system?

If I reported him, would there be a search of his residence?

What other things might happen?

JETX

"If I were to report him, who would I call?"
*** If you know who is Parole Officer is, that is the first call to make. If you don't, then I suggest you contact the local DA's office and they might tell you who the PO is.

"Would I be able to suggest a hair or blood test instead of urine, due to the fact that he is able to disguise the presence of drugs in his system?"
*** I would allow the parole authorities to determine the best action to take. They probably have far more experience at this than you do.

"If I reported him, would there be a search of his residence?"
*** Depends on the specific facts.

"What other things might happen?"
*** Anything from nothing to revocation of his parole and an added charge.

C

condaggitt

MYFlorida said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I have an acquaintance who is on parole after completing a sentence for credit card theft while under the influence of Xanax. Of course, one of the conditions of his parole i

I must commennd you for thinking like this.

Just think how you would feel if you did nothing, and he gets behind the steering wheel of a car zonked out of his mind , and kills someone.

You gotta do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">