• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doing the right thing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyin_fl

What is the name of your state? FL

As some of you have read, my husband is in the midst of a custody modification for his son. Mom is married in Georgia, had a new baby last year. This year, she's pregnant again, (hiding it) it is not her husbands (he lives across the country and left before the now 9 month old was born.)

Question, I know being pregnant holds no bearing on any modification......but does any of the above show character....especially since mom has been on financial assistance for over 7 years...even so far a claiming her oldest child on medicaid, when she didn't have custody? (the father filed a fraud complaint about it) She had to pay restitution.

On another note, mother recently moved her friend from FL to GA and her friend was on a dependency case plan in FL and was not supposed to leave the state. We ran into a neighbor of hers at the grocery store and she said DCFS was looking for her and the children. We know where she is only because my step-son said he now has to share a room with these little girls and isn't happy about it and that they were starting school together.

I don't know what he or I should do if anything on this one....should we call? I don't think they are in any danger so to speak, but their is an established history of drug use by both mother's by DCFS. Confused.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sunnyin_fl

Only because my husbands son refers to him as the grandfather and the mother calls him daddy. I understand that they are not biologically related. Emotional wellbeing for the little boy would be the only issue I think.

Edited post to take out non-relative information.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">