• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domicile Restriction Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

Ok. I just came on here to seek some advice for changing a Domicile Restriction. I did not intend on having the way the child views me talked about. I was simply trying to find out the options with the history of the mother and father in consideration since it is not the typical divorce custody agreement. I appreciate the feedback ohiogirl, but I also don't believe the conversation is going in the direction it was intended.
Just FYI: OhioGAL (not "girl") is a family law attorney and GAL.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok. I just came on here to seek some advice for changing a Domicile Restriction. I did not intend on having the way the child views me talked about. I was simply trying to find out the options with the history of the mother and father in consideration since it is not the typical divorce custody agreement. I appreciate the feedback ohiogirl, but I also don't believe the conversation is going in the direction it was intended.
Alienation is something that could impact approval for a move. While you don't like the fact that you are being criticized, it is an honest comment. And my name is not Ohiogirl.

ccm_2500

I was not trying to put your name incorrectly. I read it incorrectly and I am not familiar with the acronyms. I apologize. Her father does not deny any visitations nor do him or I deny the fact that she is her mother. The child states that she has two moms. Which we say is correct. The child has not knowledge of what has happened with her mother legally, unless she remembers it when she was still in her custody. The father and I do not bad mouth the mother in front of the child, and when her mother no shows visits, we just explain that she had to work.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was not trying to put your name incorrectly. I read it incorrectly and I am not familiar with the acronyms. I apologize. Her father does not deny any visitations nor do him or I deny the fact that she is her mother. The child states that she has two moms. Which we say is correct. The child has not knowledge of what has happened with her mother legally, unless she remembers it when she was still in her custody. The father and I do not bad mouth the mother in front of the child, and when her mother no shows visits, we just explain that she had to work.
The child does NOT have two moms. The child has one mom. That is the issue.

Silverplum

OG, as we call her, was giving you (a non-legal entity, non-participant) free legal info. If she sees a potential problem, you should at least listen.

This is one reason why we usually do not prefer to deal with stepparents: by the time they post here, they are overinvolved in a legal matter that is not theirs. :(

Last edited:

Just Blue

I was not trying to put your name incorrectly. I read it incorrectly and I am not familiar with the acronyms. I apologize. Her father does not deny any visitations nor do him or I deny the fact that she is her mother. The child states that she has two moms. Which we say is correct. .
ONE MOTHER. ONE FATHER.

You are just a legal stranger who loves the child deeply. What you are telling the child is incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">