• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving while suspended...BUT I WAS NOT DRIVING!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

My 12 year old knows Antigone was a greek goddess, thus making HER a female. Which brings to question why a college graduate wouldn't know that, or ask such a silly question.....

Carl, since it may have been a FTA, isn't his turn to file a plea on the charge already passed? The system already entering a plea of guilty?

tonywhite412

I did FTA when I called the court clerk she did some yapping and then said she would clear my suspension and send me a hearing notice...my suspension is lifted as of Now and I am legally driving...but if I can't enter a plea why would they allow me to schedule a hearing?

CdwJava

Carl, since it may have been a FTA, isn't his turn to file a plea on the charge already passed? The system already entering a plea of guilty?
Different states have different rules. Out here he might have had a warrant for his arrest, and he almost certainly would have a collections agency after him with a HUGE added penalty tacked on. But, it appears they are allowing him to go to court now.

I would wager money he'll lose even if the other driver does not appear. He would have to clearly and convincingly articulate REASONABLE doubt that someone else might have been driving the car ... no easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">