• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Charge 35 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

red mudd

What is the name of your state? Virginia
35 years ago when I was 19 I was arrested for possession of less than and oz of marijuana. I plead guilty to misdemeanor possession, paid my fine and left Virginia. I was told at the time I would be treated as a first time offender if I didnt mess up again. Since then not even a parking ticket. I've had numerous background checks and nothing came back on my past. Now after the passage of the Home Land Security Act. My past shows up every where. I was refused admission to Canada and to Great Britian because I have a criminal record. I'm a avid hunter and before 911 I never had a problem purchasing guns. Now after the background check, Im rejected everytime. Whats up with this? Has anyone ever had this same problem? Any suggestions on how or if I can ever clear my pass record. Gezz Paul McCarthy did the same thing and the Queen makes him a Knight????

outonbail

What is the name of your state? Virginia
35 years ago when I was 19 I was arrested for possession of less than and oz of marijuana. I plead guilty to misdemeanor possession, paid my fine and left Virginia. I was told at the time I would be treated as a first time offender if I didnt mess up again. Since then not even a parking ticket. I've had numerous background checks and nothing came back on my past. Now after the passage of the Home Land Security Act. My past shows up every where. I was refused admission to Canada and to Great Britian because I have a criminal record. I'm a avid hunter and before 911 I never had a problem purchasing guns. Now after the background check, Im rejected everytime. Whats up with this? Has anyone ever had this same problem? Any suggestions on how or if I can ever clear my pass record. Gezz Paul McCarthy did the same thing and the Queen makes him a Knight????
My cousin had this happen when he tried to purchase a gun. He requested the reason for being refused and the sporting goods store provided it to him. The application was refused by the department of justice because of a narcotics arrest years past. The arrest was for possession of marijuana also. He contacted the department of justice and they told him if he could prove to them that the arrest was for simple possession of marijuana, they would approve the sale. He contacted the agency that originally arrested him, was able to obtain the records of the arrest and after providing this information to the DOJ, never had anymore problems purchasing a firearm.

Hope this helps,,,

As far as the Beetles, if you brought the amount of money and recognition to that country as did that groundbreaking band of musicians, you'd be crowned a knight as well!

xylene

I was refused admission to Canada and to Great Britian because I have a criminal record.
Drug crimes are taken very seriously by immigration authorities.

If you want to travel to other countries, you need to check in advance.

It is possible to be 'rehabilitated' to enter Canada. This involves much paperwork and some hefty fees.

UK may have similar, not familiar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">