• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug charge in college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nick258

Since i'm 19 years old does that mean my license will be suspended? Also the marijuana was not on me personally it was in a desk drawer in a dorm room in which two people live, and my roommate is the one that smokes, the cop did not find his weed (9 grams) that were in a big jar in a drawer on his side. Since he was the one who gave me the weed and i put it in my drawer thinking i would return it to him later that night ( without any of it smoked because i didn't want it in the first place, i got peer pressured into it) can I present that side of the story in court to help me. Also the cop asked me and him who desk is on the left side which is mine, but she never asked if the weed was mine or my room-mates but in my drawer. and when she asked he said nothing to except look at me. Also the code is "11357b" sorry it was not a 6.

CdwJava

Possession is a crime of knowledge, dominion and control - NOT ownership.

And, no, if no vehicle was involved then your license should not be suspended - at least not per the Vehicle Code.

Ladyback1

Since he was the one who gave me the weed and i put it in my drawer thinking i would return it to him later that night ( without any of it smoked because i didn't want it in the first place, i got peer pressured into it) can I present that side of the story in court to help me.
ya know? That little excuse might work for a 13 y/o....but for someone who is in college? I'm thinking not.

quincy

You are thinking about fighting the $100 infraction? Really?

I think if you mention anything about your roommate having 9 grams, you could put yourself (and your roommate) at risk of being charged with something far more serious than simple possession.

I agree with Ladyback1. The "peer pressure" argument should not be used.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">