• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flora717

charged under rockefeller law

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?new york my daughter was arrested at 18 and charged with 3 a-1 felonies sales of a controlled substance to an undercover officer. she was indicted and made a plea for which the judge offered her 4to life but would not send her upstate but she would serve a year in the county jail and in one year she would be sentenced to a shock program. since she has made the plea, the rockefeller laws were repealed. she then was offered 4 yrs determinate sentence. she has not yet been sentenced and her case has continuosly been posponed until she has served a full year which would bring her under three years and shock eligible. at first the lawyer, said that she would serve a fraction of the 4 years which would bring her at 36 months.(she has served 6 months) the lawyer now said that she would have to serve the entire year to be shock eligible. also that the only way the change in the rockefeller law effects her case is that life parole would be eliminated. it seems to me that no one actually understands the changes in the law and how it effects her case. it need to know the criteria for the shock program, and how the changes in the law would effect her case because of the higher amounts of drugs that need to be sold to constitute a a1 felony. i was told a a-1 felony cannot be dropped any lower than a b felony. anyone with any understanding of the changes in the rockefeller laws please advise

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">