• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dui And Hit&run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cetnik

What is the name of your state? CA

In Sept of 05 I was arrested at my work in my car(not driving).I was woken up by the police and charged with dui hit and run and no insurance (i spent 8hrs in drunk tank).I had prescription drugs in my system(no prescrition for them)They drew blood test.I got an attorney and they never filed the charges for some reason.I am scared they will refile ( they have 1yr) My question is what are the chances they will refile . what am I looking at as far as sentence.No one was hurt in incident. 1500 worth of damage.Since then I have gone to a 3 month rehab center
and am going to NA. And I will start counseling.I got help on my own.I fear jail time the most and will avoid it at all cost.No previous criminal record I have 3points within 2yrs. Please help I am going crazy anticipating this.

CdwJava

No one can possibly tell you waht the odds are that they will refile. There coul dbe any number of reasons why they never filed originally - it could be they are still awaiting the test results, it could be there is a problem with the test results or some issues with the stop.

I hope you take the rehab to heart and that the new life skills are working for you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">