• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Arrest .... BAC -> 0.07

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dui_dude

Criminal defense attorneys? No. I know a couple in the Bay Area, but I have no idea how good they are at DUI defense as none of them specialize in it. I trust them, but I wouldn't hire them for DUI.
Thanks. my mailbox was flooded with letters/mails from DUI Law Firms. Is there a way I can get rid of this spam ?

CdwJava

Thanks. my mailbox was flooded with letters/mails from DUI Law Firms. Is there a way I can get rid of this spam ?
There are attorneys that troll the bookings lists for clients ... I think I'd avoid those. But, you never know for sure.

I really don't know a good means of interviewing a DUI attorney. I'd probably consider one that I spoke to and felt gave me the straight scoop as opposed to telling me what I wanted hear, make all manner of promises, and then run up a huge bill without any benefit to me. I'd appreciate stark honesty.

Frankly, you likely have a defensible or dealable case. Depending on the circumstances, you ought to at least be able to get a deal down from the 23152(a) charge.

- Carl

dui_dude

Frankly, you likely have a defensible or dealable case. Depending on the circumstances, you ought to at least be able to get a deal down from the 23152(a) charge.
Yeah, one of the Lawyer said he will be able to get me a wet-reckless at the least. Apparently he was in LA and he mistook PAPD for Pasadena PD. The prices seemed like you had mentioned.

I emailed a couple of attorneys regarding my case .... waiting to hear from them ....

The only "negative" thing in my report would be that I was driving on the wrong side of the street. This will be the only major point prosecution can use against me, and of course they wont buy the fact that it was a genuine mistake. I am wondering if I had no alcohol, what would the PD have done to me at 2:40am ??

No, the OP's breath sample did not rise high enough to invoke the per se law. It will be up to a court to decide if there is sufficient evidence to support an allegation of being impaired or not.

I never claimed the OP was "drunk".

"Drunk" isn't anywhere in the relevant CVC sections - at least not in CA.

But the hell you won't show in court and say, the OP was drunk, in my profesional opinion. ;) Law or not. It's Carl's opinion, and damn it. That should be enough. ShaZAM!

I never claimed to be Superman OR Supercop. And I AM nice - just ask anyone around here - even the suspects. :D
Nice or not, you have your liitle badge and opinion. NICE.

Around here DUI accounts for far more serious injury collisions than any other cause ... I'll go for both when I can. thanks. Of course, SPEED is one of those things we often catch DUI drivers on, oddly enough. So, one can do both. :cool:
NO, Carl, you hand pick your most serious. In YOUR opinion, DUI is bad. Ask someone who lost a loved in a serious crash (if IT EVER happens in your world) if they felt good because alcohol wasn't involved, or if they thought it wasn't as serious. Seriously, as a man in uniform, ask (nor correction) tell them, they should be happy the driver who killed their loved one was sober.

Makes all the difference. I know it does with you.

The two are not mutually exclusive. It's like saying we're not arresting murderers because we're giving people tickets ... puh-leease! :rolleyes:
Yeah. And who ever said that? Certainly not me. Actually though, if you're giving tickets to supposed drunk drivers.....interesting. No, I think you're ARRESTING drunk drivers. Taking them to jail....bookin'.....etc. Now where are you on the street....while booking a drunk driver? BLOW HARD.....give me a readin'. Give me something to book you on.

Hey if you're asking someone to blow......in a machine.....it's good there's no murderers or rapists. Because I know you THINK you have the scum of the earth.

That's what YOU believe you're saving the world. I guess everyone has a cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">