• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI first offense...and job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nooter

What is the name of your state? CA

my friend was arrested for DUI in 2006 and he is a nurse now. Do you guys think he might not get hired by hospitals due to his record?

cetiya

I am a monitor tech and got my job while my dui was pending and human resources said they didnt care about a dui. that made me very happy. plus we had a nurse that was hired with lots of drug offences on her record. they were willing to give her another chance. guess it will depend on who interviews him.

nooter

Thanks

another question... what about the State Hospitals of California? What do you think are their policies regarding this matter? do you think he has a chance of being hired?

yah.because he applied on one hospital and his sister n law said that the employer didnt call him for an interview because of his misdemeanor (DUI). and i dont really agree with that.we have been arguing about this for a long time because its really bothering him so bad that he is scared to apply for a job. well thanks for replying CETIYA.i really appreciate it!

Last edited:

cetiya

He should try anyway, like I said, my hospital couldnt care less that I had a dui pending. they are more worried about any alleged abuse to children, or elderly abuse. they even give known drug addicts a second (or 3rd) chance. lots of nurses have done things in their past, but are still able to work. just be upfront about it and say I made a big mistake, but here are the steps I took to ensure it never happens again.

What is the name of your state? CA

my friend was arrested for DUI in 2006 and he is a nurse now. Do you guys think he might not get hired by hospitals due to his record?

The health industry is desperate for good providers. If he's upfront (doesn't try to hide it), and he's a competent, good worker, it shouldn't be a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">