• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI from Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

To answer the question again, it depends on your local paper. Do you see DUI arrests in the "Police Beat" report, or in local articles? If so, then watch for your name.

My local paper here in Florida does not report DUI's. It's a college town, and I think they'd run out of trees if they tried to print all the DUI's. My wife's home town prints all arrests on page two, and they definitely include DUI's.

Bretagne

BigMistakeFl: My wife's home town prints all arrests on page two, and they definitely include DUI's.
I think your wife and I might be from the same home town! Was the front page headline on last friday's paper "Smith Paints Garage, Good Weather Continues" and is the front page color photo under the fold two little girls and their prize bunnies? ;)

Small town papers are cute. When the biggest news is some guy painting his garage, you KNOW that every little bit of public info will be printed on Page 2. Unless you know the editor and bribe him to keep it out, which I do, and I do.

cetiya

I got a DUI due to prescription drugs. I was given a deferred sentence. Had to go to a victim's panel, get court ordered "rehab" outpatient, 6 months, no license suspention, 1200 dollar fine and 5 years probation. when I complete my probation successfully, I will get a negligent driving charge instead of DUI. no jail time, no community service. guess it will depend on your judge, but this is what may happen.

PainInTheRear

Please don't get angry with one another

This is making me really upset. Maybe I shouldn't have come to this board at all. I don't want you all to argue and pick at each other. I just came here for help - not to cause problems.

I am coming to terms with it now. I realize I made a really bad mistake and I am very remorseful about it.

One thing that I agonize about is the fact that I seem to be causing arguments here. I don't want to hurt anyone - so please stop doing this to each other.

I messed up and I will pay for it in several ways. I will pay big time. Whatever I have to do - I will do. If I lose my licence for the whole summer - then so be it. If I have to pay large fines - I will do so. If I have to do community service - then I will do it.

If you all wish me to leave the board – I will do so. Just let me know.

Try to be more understanding with everybody.

PITB

moburkes

Nothing that you have posted, except for the fact that you are on serious medications and disregarded that, which could have cost many lives/injuries, but didn't, leads us to believe that you are in "serious" trouble. Ignore the people who give misleading information. When you receive the exact statutes that you are being charged with, post back.

But, PLEASE pay attention to the warnings on your medication bottles.

garrula lingua

Looks like there's no jail time, as long as supervision (up to 2 yrs) is granted.
Your DL will be suspended for 3 months (would have been 6 mo for refusal)
There's an alcohol/rehab evaluation required (there's most likely a required alcohol program and the related costs - probably at least $1000)
There's a $500 court fine.
Appears you have to attend a victim impact panel session.

from 501:
(e) After a finding of guilt and prior to any final sentencing, or an order for supervision, for an offense based upon an arrest for a violation of this Section or a similar provision of a local ordinance, individuals shall be required to undergo a professional evaluation to determine if an alcohol, drug, or intoxicating compound abuse problem exists and the extent of the problem, and undergo the imposition of treatment as appropriate. Programs conducting these evaluations shall be licensed by the Department of Human Services. The cost of any professional evaluation shall be paid for by the individual required to undergo the professional evaluation.
(e?1) Any person who is found guilty of or pleads guilty to violating this Section, including any person receiving a disposition of court supervision for violating this Section, may be required by the Court to attend a victim impact panel offered by, or under contract with, a County State's Attorney's office, a probation and court services department, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, or the Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists. All costs generated by the victim impact panel shall be paid from fees collected from the offender or as may be determined by the court.
(g) The Secretary of State shall revoke the driving privileges of any person convicted under this Section or a similar provision of a local ordinance.

(j) In addition to any other penalties and liabilities, a person who is found guilty of or pleads guilty to violating subsection (a), including any person placed on court supervision for violating subsection (a), shall be fined $500, payable to the circuit clerk,
Members of this board have to be careful in policing people who post incorrect info.
Wrong info can be devastating and will remain on the board and may affect many people who access this info at a later date (not just you, Pain).

Mobucks is correct in making sure no incorrect info is posted which will hurt people.
That's not fighting/sniping - it's making sure you, and other Posters, get correct info.

You are taking things WAY too personal. Take a deep breath. There are thousands of Pains out there in the same situation as you; you'll be OK.

sjmjuly

This is making me really upset. Maybe I shouldn't have come to this board at all. I don't want you all to argue and pick at each other. I just came here for help - not to cause problems.

I am coming to terms with it now. I realize I made a really bad mistake and I am very remorseful about it.

One thing that I agonize about is the fact that I seem to be causing arguments here. I don't want to hurt anyone - so please stop doing this to each other.

I messed up and I will pay for it in several ways. I will pay big time. Whatever I have to do - I will do. If I lose my licence for the whole summer - then so be it. If I have to pay large fines - I will do so. If I have to do community service - then I will do it.

If you all wish me to leave the board – I will do so. Just let me know.

Try to be more understanding with everybody.

PITB

It's very difficult as everyone here has a different circumstance and lives in a different area. The best advice I could give you is to make sure you obtain an attorney in your state that specializes in DUI cases to answer your questions.
We are not fighting on the boards. I just feel that this forum should be used for information purposes only and personal opinions, passing judgement and bashings should be omitted. Most of the people that come here for help are truly remorseful of what they have done and getting sarcasm and scolded by some of the members is NOT helping anyone.

PainInTheRear

Thank you all for your help

I am sort of feeling better. It has been almost a week since this happened. I do understand that this is serious and I am most remorseful. I am not a drinker and I don't take any illicit drugs at all. I am a very small woman and becoming smaller every day. I lost my father last July, and my mother has cancer - so there are some really heavy emotional issues on my plate. This doesn't excuse what I have done. It hasn't been in the paper yet - in case anyone wanted to know. I live in a pretty good-sized town - but I am fairly certain that it will get into the paper. It is an embarrassment - but most importantly - I didn't hurt anyone. I am fairly depressed and feel that if I hurt myself - then - oh well. But that would not have been good for my family. I am trying to get myself back on track, but it is very hard because of the pain that I am in all the time. For the past week (since this happened) I have been in excruciating pain, but that is something that I will have to deal with. I have been in pain most of my adult life and I have never taken anything for recreational purposes. I am (or was) an upstanding citizen, active in the church and was a paramedic and firefighter for 15 years in this town. I have always tried to do good things. I don't know if any of this matters - but I have been punished enough and I can't imagine being punished for being ill. But - it is what it is. I will take the consequences as they come and punishments as they dole them out to me. Whatever I have to do to rectify this situation - I will do. I will only take my medications while at home and never while driving again. Rehab is not an option for me because I wouldn't be able to deal with the pain. If I had to endure this pain all the time - I just couldn't and wouldn't want to live. Even my pain doctor said that. He mentioned my going to rehab but then said that that is out of the question due to my pain issue. The nature of my pain is unusual. It is benign and untreatable – although I have tried many procedures to take it away or at least reduce it. It is in my rear BTW! I am thankful that they didn't do a cavity check because that would have killed me.
PITR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">