• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui in tn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thefastlain

tennessee. I was distracted and came to a stop behind an suv where I tapped the hitch .Ok.Young kid driving calls big sis who calls police ,and I ultimately end up with a DUI because I refused to give blood on the side of the road ,but I did offer to do a breathalyzer test. I have torn cruciate ligaments in both knees and cant maintain balance standing still so field sobriety test was a failure.Does the police officer have to file an accident report even though no real accident ? Does he need to account for why he was there ?I was in a citty called Soddy Daisy which has its own police force ,but we are "overseen" i suppose by the Hamilton County police force also,so it was a Hamilton county officer who arrested me .Why didn't Soddy Daisy police respond?

commentator

I've never heard of them refusing to breathalyze someone who offered to take it, or trying to take blood beside the highway. Huh? Was this by any chance during Labor Day weekend?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Speak to your attorney - he or she is best able to answer your questions.

Also, your question would have been more appropriate in the DUI/DWI area.

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. I'm sure there was more reason than just because you refused a PBT. Your leg injuries might help your attorney rebut the FST evidence in court, but it doesn't make the probable cause for the arrest invalid. Despite how minor you want to poopoo the accident and that no damages or injuries occured, police are quite in their purview to investigate. I wouldn't be so sure you didn't damage the truck. I had someone "tap" my hitch and it did substantial damage to the hitch and it's mounting.

The county police have overlapping jurisdiction (especially on the highways). Nothing wrong there either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">