• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI mistake on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have a friend that recently got a DUI at a roadblock outside of an event. He blew .07 and they arrested him.

He only did the breathalyzer test but the cop checked on the actual ticket that he performed a blood test. Could he fight this on formality? He’s over 50 and never had a ticket or been in trouble with the law.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What was he arrested for and actually charged with?

A mistake like that probably doesn't mean much, if all the other paperwork filed with the court is correct.

He was arrested for DUI and taken to jail. He blew .071. I thought the legal limit in GA was .08 but he was arrested and charged.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have a friend that recently got a DUI at a roadblock outside of an event. He blew .07 and they arrested him.

He only did the breathalyzer test but the cop checked on the actual ticket that he performed a blood test. Could he fight this on formality? He’s over 50 and never had a ticket or been in trouble with the law.
**A: are you sure the cop was not a vampire?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
He was arrested for DUI and taken to jail. He blew .071. I thought the legal limit in GA was .08 but he was arrested and charged.
.08 is a per se limit. If a person's BAC is .08 or higher the law presumes intoxication regardless of other signs of intoxication (or lack thereof).

However, I have in the past charged DWI for less than a .08 or with no test results at all (in cases of refusal) - simply based on my observations and articulation of signs of intoxication.

Certainly, depending on the individual, one can be "intoxicated" with blood alcohol levels below .08.

I charged a female with DWI once who blew a .04. She could hardly stand up much less drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">