• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-Stalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albino Black Ca

For the past few weeks I've been commenting (some might call it trolling) on a blog, (bitingbeaver.blogspot.com). I've also e-mailed this person a few times. But then I get this e-mail from her:

Nicole ***,

On the advise of my attourney, I am advising you to cease and desist all further contact with me through any means (e-mail, blog comments, etc). Please refer to applicable Florida stalking laws, specifically the cyberstalking amendment passed in 10-2003:

H749:
Relating to the offense of stalking
Offense of Stalking; defines term "cyberstalk" to mean communication by means of electronic mail or electronic communication which causes substantial emotional distress & does not serve legitimate purpose; includes within offenses of stalking & aggravated stalking willful, malicious, & repeated cyberstalking of another person; provides penalties, etc. Amends 784.048; reenacts 775.084(1)(d), 790.065(2)(c), 921.0022(3)(f),(g), 960.001(1)(b).

Thank you,
BB

PS:
(my mom's name and address.)

The thing is, though, I've only been commenting on her blog and sending a few emails. She IP banned me but I got around that a few times, but I was mostly not able to comment. Then she added comment moderation to her blog, which I commented a few times because I know she can still see them (she admitted once to just deleteing them and not reading). But she's never blocked my email or anything like that.

I'm 19 and I live in Florida, and she lives in Ohio(it says it in her online profile). She found out where I live yet I have no idea where she's at except for the state. I doubt this whole thing has caused her much stress, because I have posts logged where she sort of laughs at me for this "e-stalking" (which I hardly call stalking, just being annoying). Could she actually do anything to me?

HomeGuru

Albino Black Ca said:
For the past few weeks I've been commenting (some might call it trolling) on a blog, (bitingbeaver.blogspot.com). I've also e-mailed this person a few times. But then I get this e-mail from her:

Nicole ***,

On the advise of my attourney, I am advising you to cease and desist all further contact with me through any means (e-mail, blog comments, etc). Please refer to applicable Florida stalking laws, specifically the cyberstalking amendment passed in 10-2003:

H749:
Relating to the offense of stalking
Offense of Stalking; defines term "cyberstalk" to mean communication by means of electronic mail or electronic communication which causes substantial emotional distress & does not serve legitimate purpose; includes within offenses of stalking & aggravated stalking willful, malicious, & repeated cyberstalking of another person; provides penalties, etc. Amends 784.048; reenacts 775.084(1)(d), 790.065(2)(c), 921.0022(3)(f),(g), 960.001(1)(b).

Thank you,
BB

PS:
(my mom's name and address.)

The thing is, though, I've only been commenting on her blog and sending a few emails. She IP banned me but I got around that a few times, but I was mostly not able to comment. Then she added comment moderation to her blog, which I commented a few times because I know she can still see them (she admitted once to just deleteing them and not reading). But she's never blocked my email or anything like that.

I'm 19 and I live in Florida, and she lives in Ohio(it says it in her online profile). She found out where I live yet I have no idea where she's at except for the state. I doubt this whole thing has caused her much stress, because I have posts logged where she sort of laughs at me for this "e-stalking" (which I hardly call stalking, just being annoying). Could she actually do anything to me?

**A: yes she could. Where is your Mom?

Albino Black Ca

Shay-Pari'e said:
You are 19? I would have guessed 5. You are stalking this person. She has asked you to stop.

STOP!
How is what I'm doing to her "stalking"? I'll agree that what I have been doing might not be the most mature thing in the world, but I've never had the intention to find out where she lived and harrass her.

Shay-Pari'e

Albino Black Ca said:
How is what I'm doing to her "stalking"? I'll agree that what I have been doing might not be the most mature thing in the world, but I've never had the intention to find out where she lived and harrass her.

Is there something wrong with you? Are you mentally ill?

You are cyber stalking.

Albino Black Ca

averad said:
Why are you annoying a woman who, according to her blog, has been sexually abused?
Because she's a sexist.

But I've stopped it all now. I'm going to college soon and I don't want any of this crap to deal with. :\

Albino Black Ca

Shay-Pari'e said:
Albino Black Ca said:

Is there something wrong with you? Are you mentally ill?

You are cyber stalking.

Apparently you're younger than you let on.

BelizeBreeze

Albino Black Ca said:
Because she's a sexist.

But I've stopped it all now. I'm going to college soon and I don't want any of this crap to deal with. :\
Then I suggest, before you even step foot on a college campus, you do a search for an old 1968 movie staring Yvette Mimieux and Christopher Jones titled "Three in the Attic..."

Albino Black Ca

BelizeBreeze said:
Then I suggest, before you even step foot on a college campus, you do a search for an old 1968 movie staring Yvette Mimieux and Christopher Jones titled "Three in the Attic..."
"A young college man who is caught cheating on his girlfriend is forced to live in the attic of a women's college as punishment. He then proceeds to take full advantage of the delightful situation. "

Uh.....what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">