• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earnest Money Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gigem94

I did say it a lot. It was fun! I know because I'm an insurance agent, and I was allowed to estimate the aquare footage. I also know because I am a contractor that measures the property for insurance companies, and they don't require us to be accurate. They require us to estimate within +/- 200 square feet.
Ok so you are saying that the insurance company's measurement could have a variance, and that makes sense. But that possible inaccuracy does not negate it as proof behind my statement.

I'm not a professional appraiser but like I said before, there are going to be variances no matter who measures the house, just as the buyers appraiser measured differently than the county appraisal.

So let me ask your advice on this then since you are an agent, wouldn’t you have advised your client (buyer) to have the house measured/appraised during the option period if size was a deal breaker? In this situation, the house measurement held equal if not more importance as the structural, mechanical, plumbing, pest and other inspections that were done during the option period.

moburkes

Ok so you are saying that the insurance company's measurement could have a variance, and that makes sense. But that possible inaccuracy does not negate it as proof behind my statement.

I'm not a professional appraiser but like I said before, there are going to be variances no matter who measures the house, just as the buyers appraiser measured differently than the county appraisal.

So let me ask your advice on this then since you are an agent, wouldn’t you have advised your client (buyer) to have the house measured/appraised during the option period if size was a deal breaker? In this situation, the house measurement held equal if not more importance as the structural, mechanical, plumbing, pest and other inspections that were done during the option period.
I'm an insurance agent, not a lawyer, and I would have nothing to do with any of my client's real estate transactions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">