• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EBT Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

The form doesn't have a number, it's called "Employer Verification of Earnings".
actually, it does. That would be F-10146 and then followed by a date indicating the date of last revision. It is in the upper right hand corner.

WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Division of Health Care Access and Accountibility
F-10146 (07/08)

tranquility

actually, it does. That would be F-10146 and then followed by a date indicating the date of last revision. It is in the upper right hand corner.
That can't be right, it says right on the form instructions:
Following are examples of what you can use:

The enclosed form,
Your pay stubs from the last 30 days, or
An employer statement that gives the same details as the enclosed form.

If you choose to use the enclosed form, take it to your employer and ask that s/he complete and sign this form. Once the form is completed and signed, return the form to your local agency at the address listed above.
which would seem there is not a requirement for the OP to take it in to his employer.

justalayman

It also says, right on the form:

EMPLOYER VERIFICATION OF EARNINGS
MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE EMPLOYER (Instructions on the back)

SIGNATURE - Employer / Designee Date Signed

Print Name Telephone Number

Title Fax Number
and then on form 10146A (apparently the backside)

EMPLOYER VERIFICATION OF EARNINGS INSTRUCTIONS
F-10146A (07/08)

EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION OF EARNINGS INSTRUCTIONS

We require employment and wage information concerning the employee named on the Employer Verification of Earnings form. Please complete and return the form to the employee as soon as possible so that s/he can return it by the date indicated.
Review the Federal Employment Identification Number (FEIN) number listed on the form. If it is incorrect or missing please write correct number on the form, if known.
This form will be scanned. Please write clearly using blue or black ink.
Write additional comments in the comments section.

Although it is the employee’s responsibility to return this form to the local agency, in order to expedite this process, you may return this form to the address or fax number listed. If you do, please inform the employee that you have returned this form.

justalayman

That can't be right, it says right on the form instructions:

which would seem there is not a requirement for the OP to take it in to his employer.
and now that I actually read the quoted sections in your post, I think you missed this:

Although it is the employee’s responsibility to return this form to the local agency, in order to expedite this process, you may return this form to the address or fax number listed. If you do, please inform the employee that you have returned this form.

That is addressing the employer and how to handle the form.

tranquility

You missed the fact the employee has the choice of if to use the form or not.

He may:
Following are examples of what you can use:

The enclosed form,
Your pay stubs from the last 30 days, or
An employer statement that gives the same details as the enclosed form.

If you choose to use the enclosed form, take it to your employer and ask that s/he complete and sign this form. Once the form is completed and signed, return the form to your local agency at the address listed above.

justalayman

Yes, I did gloss over that. Now, who is going to look up to see if the state can mandate the form be used or if they must accept the pay stubs.

I wonder if it really matters though. I suspect the state is going to verify the details with the employer anyway.

ecmst12

It's also possible that the form itself is not required, but the pay stubs must be submitted by the employer directly and not by the recipient, in order to ensure accuracy. The regulations are definitely a little confusing. But if OP can take the form to HR, that's probably her best bet.

jiggy78

Pay stubs are ridiculously easy to forge. I wouldn't trust any system that doesn't verify directly from the employer.

In fact, I would think the OP, with her grandiose claims of entitlement, would want them to verify income so only people who are "entitled" to the benefit get it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">