• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Educating Students

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Is it illegal for a bus, coming from Mexico, to deliver kids to various schools here in America? These kids live in Mexico with their parents. If it is illegal, should Border Patrol be contacted?

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Is it illegal for a bus, coming from Mexico, to deliver kids to various schools here in America? These kids live in Mexico with their parents. If it is illegal, should Border Patrol be contacted?
Unfortunately, Border Patrol can't do anything. You could try Immigration or ICE, but it's likely they know about the problem too. It is ABSOLUTELY illegal for students who are not residents of the county, and not paying tuition, to be allowed to freeload off the taxpayers of that county.

I lived on the Texas/Mexico border, and saw the exact same thing happen. Unfortunately, due to the greed, politics, and liberal mindset of many of these border towns, they allow the students to come in, and will only remove them if they are discipline problems or cannot pass their tests. Otherwise, the school gets PLENTY of money for these "at-risk" students.

I would make a stink to the superintendent, the mayor, ICE, and if nothing happens - then to the media. The school admin is absolutely not doing their jobs to make sure the students are residents - and that is theft. It's stealing from all the children in the district who are residents, and it's stealing the resources from AZ and every other border district.

I used to wonder how a town of 20,000 people (on the books) could support a school district with 14,000 kids! That was my town and my district. It's because of 17 kids registered to one one-bedroom trailer. It's because the kids cross the border every day. And it's because of illegal immigration. It's STEALING, and I hope you and every other legitimate parent in that town is outraged about it!

Humusluvr

Thank you very much for that reply. I will look into going further with it = )
What I think is the worst about it is the principal at my school knew about it. The schools KNOW it is happening!

It might make a nice little "mock-u-mentary" of where your tax dollars are going, and the ease of registering illegitimately for school, and the fact that we're sending a bus for these students (and I pray you mean a public bus picks them up AT the border, not a SCHOOL bus crosses the border to go get them - I would call ICE for that in a heartbeat!)

What I think is the worst about it is the principal at my school knew about it. The schools KNOW it is happening!

It might make a nice little "mock-u-mentary" of where your tax dollars are going, and the ease of registering illegitimately for school, and the fact that we're sending a bus for these students (and I pray you mean a public bus picks them up AT the border, not a SCHOOL bus crosses the border to go get them - I would call ICE for that in a heartbeat!)
I was told it was a white van...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually, yes I DO know it's happening.... "typical"
"Typical" of what? You said you were TOLD it was a white van, implying that you didn't actually see it happening. Which means that you DON'T know. Or you'd also know what kind of vehicle, color and all, Mo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">