• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employee stealing from me... please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turbowray

nothing but something to do with this thread

Some Random Guy said:
CPA = Certified Public Accountant

He should be able to answer most of your questions.
Wouldnt this person also gain by reporting the income he had to pay someone to help with his business?? Like for tax reasons so that he wouldnt have to pay taxes on the money he had to pay to the other worker or something like that lol....also if this person was not a subcontractor wouldnt he be responsible for paying for saif insurance in case this person got hurt while he or she was working for him? Sorry if i got the he or shes wrong but ya get my questions lol....

Gadfly

Roman,

If you are good at what you do you can become very comforable in the field you have chosen, but you MUST learn about the business side of business, not just the work side. By that I mean you need to learn about managing people, insurance, taxes, employment law (and options), contracts and many other releated things. Go to the bookstore and buy some books and read them. Your questions are ones that you MUST know if you wish to be successful!

One last thing. ANY employee that works for you may at any time choose to leave you and strike out on their own and try and take "your" customers with them. You must try to do several things. First, understand that people always want more than they have now, so be sure you take such good care of your employees that they see no reason to leave. Second, remember that your customers are always looking for something better than you offer. Be sure that you keep in contact with them and that you are giving them more than the other guy and at a fair price so that they will never want to leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">