• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

End of Life Legalities Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHRoadwarrior

The only thing that I know of that is 100% in my fathers name is a 1995 Nissan minivan. Which I really don't need or want.

Also, since he's on social security, would I get any survivor benefits? Or is that just for a spouse.
When my father died, after making sure all his final wishes were carried out and paying his living expenses, for the last 1.5 years of his life, I got 1 carry on full of clothes that don't fit and a worn out wallet. I will treasure the wallet for the rest of my life.

EJD1984

When my father died, after making sure all his final wishes were carried out and paying his living expenses, for the last 1.5 years of his life, I got 1 carry on full of clothes that don't fit and a worn out wallet. I will treasure the wallet for the rest of my life.
The two things that I know I will inherit is my parents wedding album, and letters from my mother (that I never really knew) to my grandmother who raised me (on fathers side, she passed 3 years ago). I am really into gathering and keeping family history alive and remembered.

Just Blue

The two things that I know I will inherit is my parents wedding album, and letters from my mother (that I never really knew) to my grandmother who raised me (on fathers side, she passed 3 years ago). I am really into gathering and keeping family history alive and remembered.
How sweet. Family should be remembered for the love and not material possessions. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">