• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforcing a Judgment - Bunch of questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am domesticating a WA judgment to a LA Superior court (Debtor lives in CA). I am aware that the court will not execute a seizure order (Writ) for personal property in the 30 days notice period of the debtor.
I have a few questions if I may?

1. Can I start the process in the 30 days notice period time?
2. If so will the court start processing the writs (Bank garnishment) in this time frame so that they are ready to serve on the bank once notice period has passed?

Thank you
Chris

Last edited:

latigo

What is there about Cal. CCP Section 1710.45 that has you so confused as in need of asking?

Does it not state that a writ of execution shall NOT be issued until 30-days after service of the notice of the entry of the judgment has been made according to rule?

Unless you can make a convincing ex parte showing that Section 1710.45 2(c) applies, the writ will not be prematurely issued. Plus there is little chance of an ex parte order being issued within your 30 days. Not when you file the motion after the judgment is entered.

Also there is a difference between issuing a writ and executing a writ. Courts do the former, not the latter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">