• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Entering traffic unsafely from a driveway...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

slimlion said:
The trial de novo allows me to appear infront of the judge as well as the officer, correct? I received a carbon copy stating I was guilty and I have to pay $39 before the deadline the piece of paper noted. How much am I going to be charge for the trial de novo? When I send the payment, can I request the trial de novo via written statement or do I have to call the clerk? How do I go about getting the officer's statement? I cannot stress how much all your response means to me. Thank you very much again. If I am found guilty again by trial de novo, I can request to take traffic school?
I am honestly not that familiar with the de Novo process, but I would guess that your county court either has all that info available on a website or at the court house.

As for Traffic School. it has been my experience that unless you go to the new trial and plead "guilty" or "no contest", the opportunity for Traffic School will be lost. But, it MAY still be on the table ... it just tends not to be. It is apparently used as an incentive to induce people to plead to their case.

- Carl

slimlion

What are my options at this point. Either pay the $39 and leave it alone and have a point on my DMV record. Submit the form for a Trial De Novo and fight it again. Or Submit the Trial De Novo and ask for a Traffic School option?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">