• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eviction filed and guess what????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maril

What is the name of your state? Texas.
I sent out registered 30 day notice to non paying renters on Oct3,2002. On Oct 4 I gave them 4 more days because they said they had a place. On Oct 6 they said they needed more time but would be out by the 10th. This morning they said they would be out by Friday so I hotfooted it over to the JP court and filed eviction papers. Hearing is set for Dec 27th. They have 5 days to appeal and they another court date is set for them to move. After all this is fulfilled I can file something to get them out in 24 hours. This means they will have a nice Christmas in my house that they have destroyed and living in rent free. I was in the house this morning and the stench takes your breath away. You cannot find one square inch of floor to step on. Pure filth and squaller like I could never immagine. They have 3 small kids that Child Protective Services is keeping an eye on and I cannot figure out why they have not made them clean it up. If anyone calls the health department will I be the one paying the fine since it is my property?Pigs are cleaner

FarmerJ

Mar if the health dept came out you arent responsible for pigsty tenants, ( only the clean up If they are forced to vacate through a condemn order ) , If your tenants run the house as a garbage house why hasnt the health dep been there and issued a condemn order ? Mar I dont care for inspections depts and the way so many tenants are not held accountable by ANYONE for destructive actions to property . It is diffucult to tell you this but if you invite them in to condemn the house you might open a bigger can of worms than you want . where I used to live condemned property had to be brought to full code compliance no matter what the reason for the condemn was ( but mpls is SO anal they used water disconections as reason to condemn rental units , and some of the inspectors who were all hot to condemn anything used to push there way into structures ). so do your best to get them out and use what ever tools you need to to record the damage and to eventually take them to court for the damage , IF you can get it all done and get the place restored to habbitable condition by all means hire a property management co to run it for you till you have learned more .

maril

Thanks for your reply. It probably kept me out of some trouble. I am really upset that these dirty renters are getting away with this. They have not paid rent in 3 years. The Father of the renter has paid until recently. I think he finally got enough and cut them off. I am trying to get them to vacate so I can sell the property. It makes me sick that they can get to me for more free rent and do more destruction while waiting for the legal process to work. I am a law abiding tax paying citizen who has two elderly people and a disabled veteran husband to care for in another state and no youngster myself. This house problem is all that is keeping me from retiring so I can care for loved ones full time. I had no idea the law was so stacked on the side of evil doers.I have been trying to get them to leave for months. I am so stressed. Your reply was a big help.

abezon

Don't blame this situation on 'the law being stacked on the side of evil doers'. You had grounds to evict them months ago for damaging the place & not paying rent. You didn't bother to do it and now you're mad that you can't just change the locks today!

maril

There is no need to get nasty. I came here for help. Thought that is what the forum is for. I am a nice person and have been very good to these people. They have 3 small children living in that mess and don't seem to care. The dad even said he gave them nyquill all the time to keep them out of his hair. My nerves are shot and I am not able to cope with them anymore so why wouldn't I want them gone right away. I can't afford to put a free roof over their heads and that seems to be what they want. THey are not speaking to the guys father because he cut the money off and now they won't let him see his grandchildren to make sure they are OK. CPS is sending the kids to daycare so I don't think there is anything keeping these under 30 healthy rascals from working.I am not mad about the law but I do find this process unfair and stressful. My taxes and yours are paying for them to lay up and drug their kids so they won't be a bother. Guess you might say I have no compassion also.

abezon

I didn't say you had no compassion. I'm sure you're a very nice person. I said that you can't whinge about them living there rent-free for months when you waited until now to ask us how to evict them. You let them take advantage of you. That had nothing to do with the L/T laws in TX. In actuality, TX has some of the most pro-LL laws in the country.

maril

Whatever. I have had a bad time with these very difficult and abusive tenants. Thank you for the argument. Its been a pleasure. I do think this is one of the most interesting and most useful sites on the net.I have recieved a lot of helpful information and good advice for myself and others . Many Blessings

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">