• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex husband failed to transfer car title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

black-roses

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Per our property settlement agreement section 10 sub-sectios c,d, and e states the vehicles that my ex husband has ownership to. It also states that this agreement is a legal document to be used for transfering of titles of such property. He failed to do this and now one of the vehicles have been found abandoned and they are telling me because it is still in my name that i have to pay the fees. What can I do? I sent an email to Mr. X however he refuses to do anything about it. Help me please I can not afford these fees and they are not mine to begin with!:eek:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Per our property settlement agreement section 10 sub-sectios c,d, and e states the vehicles that my ex husband has ownership to. It also states that this agreement is a legal document to be used for transfering of titles of such property. He failed to do this and now one of the vehicles have been found abandoned and they are telling me because it is still in my name that i have to pay the fees. What can I do? I sent an email to Mr. X however he refuses to do anything about it. Help me please I can not afford these fees and they are not mine to begin with!:eek:
Pay the fees to get your car back and then go to court to have him ordered to pay the fees, legal expenses, and any other costs you incurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">