• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex is owes back $ but cashing check at "check cashing store" to hide income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Banned_Princess

Well for about 7-8 year. my ex has a record of child support servies going for 3-6 month with no payment, then they find some random job through his SSI numuber. They send out a "wage assignment" and the company has like 45 days to comply with it. They onces they garnish about ONE payment. My ex quits**************.Does anyone know if its up to the judge, or if its a certain dollars amounth, months of non payment, or what before any jail time. Oh my ex may be going to mail next month for drunk in public on a dui probabtion thing and contributing to a minor (our other 21 yr. old son)**************..not like this would matter with child support but I dont know if the child support judge with be able to see that in the records**************..whewwwwww crazy
No offense, but I have to laugh about him going to mail next month. Lucky him.

Please calm down, and proofread your posts before communicating it to us. Thanks .

48 posts is enough to at least attempt to utilize the spell check at the right of the box.

Last edited:

The last payment was made in november of 2009. For the last 2 1/2 years whatever payments I go were always interseptions from unemployment (like 25%) for some type of disibility he got for a few months. He has never paid own his own in 12 years. My son graduated from high school in june, so I think the child support will stop then anyways, but of course im assuming what he owes will always stay in the system until its paid off. My son is disabled and will officially be in high the high school program until he is 21 but its a tranaction school system. Im not sure if I can try and get it longer, not like I get it anyways......

Gracie3787

The last payment was made in november of 2009. For the last 2 1/2 years whatever payments I go were always interseptions from unemployment (like 25%) for some type of disibility he got for a few months. He has never paid own his own in 12 years. My son graduated from high school in june, so I think the child support will stop then anyways, but of course im assuming what he owes will always stay in the system until its paid off. My son is disabled and will officially be in high the high school program until he is 21 but its a tranaction school system. Im not sure if I can try and get it longer, not like I get it anyways......
Go ahead and go to the court clerk's office to see if they can tell you where to find the forms to file.

Get the forms, a copy of the court order, and a copy of the payment record and file for contempt.
Be sure to serve your ex and send a copy to the CSE.

"CourtClerk" may be able to answer this, but if CA has recently changed from 3 months to 6 months before filing contempt, it might be due to the economy and cut backs in services. However, you still have the right to file on your own to have a court order enforced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">