• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex not giving daughter her meds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmsmom

Thank you for all the info. I'm wondering if her doctor can testify via phone during the court hearing in FL if i have to do it there?

LdiJ

News to me. News to everyone, I believe. ;)

Jurisdiction remains in the original state IF one parent still lives there.
Not news to me at all...many parents get jurisdiction/venue changes to the new state of the child's residence under "inconvenient forum" if the situation warrants that.

With many children the situation would not warrant that and it wouldn't be an option. However, with children with whom the testimony of doctors, teachers, counselors etc. would be critical, "inconvenient forum" could absolutely get jurisdiction changed to the new state of residency for the child.

mmsmom

Thank you for this info!!! I'm definitely going to contact an attorney and see if this will be possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">