• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex refuses to pay child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VG1013

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

My ex refuses to pay CS because my son is 18 now. On our divorce decree it states that he will pay CS until the children finish school ( including college). My son is in his first year of college and is a full time student. What can I do about this? I appreciate anything anyone can tell me. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Hey ryry, how are you...I was on vacation and missed talking to you.
:)

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

In NY, the age of majority is 21. He is required to pay until then (at the least) or he's in contempt. That's what you can do about it, file contempt of court charges.

VG1013

Thanx ryry...I read the decree again and it does state that CS is to be received until child/children are finished with schooling. AND it stipulates ( which I totally forgot about) that even if the child/children of the marriage reach the age of 21 & beyond, as long as they are enrolled as full time students in college...CS is to continue until they are finished. My ex should have left well enough alone...looks like he stuck his foot in his mouth again lol.

BTW, I did send a reply to you yesterday...don't know what happened to it? lol I had a great time on vacation, missed you all. Thanx ryry :D

VG1013

ROTFFLMFAOOOOOOO....I think your right!! It must have been real hungry or maybe had nothing better to do. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">