• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex tried to pull a fast one in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

Hi all, ex and I just finalized court order for visitation and child support . He will only pay 1$50 a month ( wa wa wa ) He pulled the disability act out of the bag and it actually worked. He also stated that he had insurance on our son, problem he didn't let me know he had it and he has not giving me a card.

Question: Is he suppose to give me a copy of the card? If he's lying just to lower child support, can I petition him in court to give me the insurance card?

Thanks for the advice:)

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? GA

Hi all, ex and I just finalized court order for visitation and child support . He will only pay 1$50 a month ( wa wa wa ) He pulled the disability act out of the bag and it actually worked. He also stated that he had insurance on our son, problem he didn't let me know he had it and he has not giving me a card.

Question: Is he suppose to give me a copy of the card? If he's lying just to lower child support, can I petition him in court to give me the insurance card?

Thanks for the advice:)
Certainly, he is to give you access to the insurance he is carrying on the child. If he doesn't provide it nicely after you request it in writing, give him a couple of weeks, warn him, and then file contempt charges. Or "show cause" charges. Whatever it is in your state that gets him into court to explain why he hasn't given you the card.

Then, privately, you may call him a DOOFUS. But you may say it only to yourself. ;)

Certainly, he is to give you access to the insurance he is carrying on the child. If he doesn't provide it nicely after you request it in writing, give him a couple of weeks, warn him, and then file contempt charges. Or "show cause" charges. Whatever it is in your state that gets him into court to explain why he hasn't given you the card.

Then, privately, you may call him a DOOFUS. But you may say it only to yourself. ;)
Thanks silverplum, I love your humor;)

One more question, he states that he will file child abuse charges against me because he thought that he could change the court order for visitation that HE agreed to. The judge told him "Hey your signature, not mine". Anyway, can he do this and if so wouldn't he have to have hard proof?

BL

One more question, he states that he will file child abuse charges against me because he thought that he could change the court order for visitation that HE agreed to. The judge told him "Hey your signature, not mine". Anyway, can he do this and if so wouldn't he have to have hard proof?
It's typical for the other parent to try and use CPS , or whatever the neglect and abuse reporting agency is called in your State , when court battles are not to ones liking .

Sure he can file a report , and if the report sounds like it has merit , you could be investigated .

Unless there is abuse or neglect , it the report should be deemed unfounded .

If he is disabled , there is nothing wrong with the entitlement of a modification according to State Laws.

Last edited:
It's typical for the other parent to try and use CPS , or whatever the neglect and abuse reporting agency is called in your State , when court battles are not to ones liking .

Sure he can file a report , and if the report sounds like it has merit , you could be investigated .

Unless there is abuse or neglect , it the report should be deemed unfounded .

If he is disabled , there is nothing wrong with the entitlement of a modification according to State Laws.

We had court today and the agreement is only two months old. The judge told him he has to at least try it out before he can request modification

Mamie

Yes, he could file a report and do it anonymously. My ex did this to me. Unless there is abuse or neglect, you have nothing to worry about. My meeting with CPS lasting all of 5 minutes. After explaining that the claims were bogus, I also informed them of the court case. The report was dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">