• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wants child video after 1 1/2 yrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtimmons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have a question. My husband today received an Email from his ex out of the blue stating that she wants "All of their son videos" and if he does not turn them over to her in two weeks she is contacting an attorney.
He left with them over 1 1/2 yrs ago. They are video that he had taken of the son while they were together. There is absolutely nothing in the separation agreement about the videos. This is the first time she has mentioned anything about this. Well, my question is does she have a legal leg to stand on? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have a question. My husband today received an Email from his ex out of the blue stating that she wants "All of their son videos" and if he does not turn them over to her in two weeks she is contacting an attorney.
He left with them over 1 1/2 yrs ago. They are video that he had taken of the son while they were together. There is absolutely nothing in the separation agreement about the videos. This is the first time she has mentioned anything about this. Well, my question is does she have a legal leg to stand on? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your husband could tell her that he would make copies of the videos in any format she desires. Of course she would be expected to pay a reasonable price for this service.

If she expects the originals, he could politely tell her to insert her head where the sun never shines!!

rtimmons

Bali Hai,
Thank you for your speedy response. I was pretty sure there wasn’t anything that she could do since there wasn’t anything written in the separation/court papers. And being nothing was mentioned until a 1yr and half later today. Of course the way times have changed you never know. I have seen this website before and I read a lot of good questions with good answers here. I thought I would post my question and see. Glad I did. .
He does intend on making her copies and for free to give to her.

Ginny J, There wasn’t anything written in the separation/court papers. Nothing mention until today.
Thank you!

TinkerBelleLuvr

There are two sides to this problem:

The Legal side - basically, this should have been addressed 1.5 years ago. That which is in my possession is now mine.

The Moral side - these are pictures of BOTH of their children. Find a way to duplicate the videos. Personally, I think the costs should be shared.

rtimmons

Ginny, He intends on making duplicates for her and for free, Just allot has transpired in the last year and half that time has not been on his side. .. Nothing was ever mentioned from her until today. That wouldn’t even have been an issued if she just had approached this like an adult instead of a demanding spoiled child and threatening with an attorney. I totally understand the Moral side wanting video of your child. Not an issue. This is truly a great website. Thank you again for responding.
Have great week!

TinkerBelleLuvr

The hardest part of a divorce is letting go of the anger and moving on. It took me a very long time. I can look at some of the petty behaviours of mine and just shake my head in disgust.

Maybe just a gentle reminder saying, "All you had to do was ask. I intended to make copies earlier." Then just move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">