• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex will not provide new address and summer visit coming up???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majebe

Illinois

My ex divorced his second wife in December of 2000 and has recently purchased a new home (so he says) and won't provide his new address to me. His words "there is no way you f---ing bitch I am going to give you my new address" Typical language for him. Anyway, do I have to let my daughter go the 4 week summer visit if he will not provide his address?

Thanks

MySonsMom

majebe said:
Illinois

My ex divorced his second wife in December of 2000 and has recently purchased a new home (so he says) and won't provide his new address to me. His words "there is no way you f---ing bitch I am going to give you my new address" Typical language for him. Anyway, do I have to let my daughter go the 4 week summer visit if he will not provide his address?

Thanks
You would have a valid reason to withhold visitation if this went to court. Send him a letter (to his old address that hopefully will be forwarded to his new one OR to a family member of his who can get the letter to him) explaining that before you allow the child to go with him, you need a current address and phone number. Until he provides you with that info, you will not allow her to leave with him.

This is exactly what I would do.

Good luck!

[Edited by MySonsMom on 06-14-2001 at 02:27 PM]

LegalBeagle

Do not give the letter to someone who knows him. Send it certified, return receipt to the last known address. If it comes back undelivered, then that is your proof.

Ambr

in the words of my judge...

his lack of communication has created consistent conflicts which are, in the least, detrimental to the welfare of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">