• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor refuses to show my mom's will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

the best I can say is set back, relax and take this one step at at time. Your mom passing is generally a traumatic experience all on it's own and having to deal with this, I am sure, is not helping.

All you can do is just take things as they come. If this other will shows up, then deal with it. If it doesn't, then the neighbor was simply BSing.

we were supposed to me Sunday to disperse personal property

Especially since this is not a relative, until the court rules somebody exec, your mothers property needs to be secured. There can be no distribution of anything until this probate gets under way and it is determined things can be distributed.

Lock the doors of any residence. If you are the only child and there is no spouse, take the step of changing locks if necessary to secure the property. Nobody has a right to any of it until this gets a bit settled.

csxconductor

unfortunately the LCD TV and mom jewelry have already been taken..
house is now secure and I should be appointed Exec, in the morning according to the lawyer..

Its very traumatic.. especially knowing a neighbor has / had complete control until now.. she just wanted it swept under the rug ... but I wonder why she didn't want it going to probate ..

justalayman

once you are exec, you need to ask the court to issue an order to demand the return of all property already taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">