• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valorie johnsto

What is the name of your state? Washington
I am one of three heirs named in my mother's will. My two younger sisters, and also my mother's "companion" of twenty-five years, although, she left him only one hundred dollars.

The will names my brother-in-law as executor 'to have full power to sell, convey, transfer, exchange. encumber or lease real or personal property of the estate, and to act without bond and without intervention of any Court, except the minimum requirements under the laws of the state of Washington.
But, also, in article 5 of the will, the remainder of the estate is bequeathed to my sisters and myself to share equally. Does he have any accountability to us for expenses, etc? He has flown all the way from Missouri for this yard sale this weekend. I offered my assistance, since I just live up the street, and got no response whatsoever.

pojo2

You already have several threads on this basic same topic. I for one am not going to go all over this site to keep track of everything you reveal in each new one.

seniorjudge

valorie johnsto said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
I am one of three heirs named in my mother's will. My two younger sisters, and also my mother's "companion" of twenty-five years, although, she left him only one hundred dollars.

The will names my brother-in-law as executor 'to have full power to sell, convey, transfer, exchange. encumber or lease real or personal property of the estate, and to act without bond and without intervention of any Court, except the minimum requirements under the laws of the state of Washington.
But, also, in article 5 of the will, the remainder of the estate is bequeathed to my sisters and myself to share equally. Does he have any accountability to us for expenses, etc? He has flown all the way from Missouri for this yard sale this weekend. I offered my assistance, since I just live up the street, and got no response whatsoever.
There have been eight other posts on this matter; here are two:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=310820

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=310818

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">